Found this little striped grass snake - ID?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just be careful mate, there are some very impressionable young blokes on this site.
Awesome looking EB none the less, the young ones come in quite the array of colours don't they?

Yeah I should say it's not the brightest thing to do. But I do love a good stir :D

This one has a pretty cool temperament (probably because it is so cold down here) and probably why I could get away with it. If it had been springing all over the place like a jack-in-the-box I wouldn't even consider it. One of the more relaxed hatchling snakes I've seen.

:lol: Yeah. He was looking like Kooka-fodder. The bin he was under had 2 Kookas up in a gum tree. I haven't seen too many browns around the Yarra before. Generally they are all tigers.

Which part of the Yarra VenomOOse as we live right along the Plenty River near Greensborough and it's a haven for all things EB's and Tiger's.

Which part of the Yarra VenomOOse as we live right along the Plenty River near Greensborough and it's a haven for all things EB's and Tiger's.
Hi Reptalica, it was a property close to Yarra River that I could describe best as being halfway between Warrandyte and Templestowe. I know there would be EB's throughout the area, but I've never come across any (until now, and it's only a bub)

As long as he didn't claim to be "The Best" Snake-Man...
lmao you can not use that term anyway, Raymond Hoser would have a fit if he saw what you wrote, he owns that trademark, and believe me he has threatend a few people with law suits over it, and has even won some...

Well done.I sort of agree with the "oh thats a silly thing to do putting a pic like that on the Forum"...but at least if people see it and read the replies they will learn......if not.....the natural selection kicks in again.
Up here in the Shire...we get all types of marked hatchlings from plain brown through to ones like yours.very hard to explain to people who ring up asking for identification of their "baby brown".....
But I do like a bit of a stir as well...well done.

Plenty of good herpers have been wiped out by your fav "natural selection" scenario ;) I suppose they were idiots also? King Cobra campaigner Luke Yeoman springs to mind as a tragic loss. To me is more of a case of dumb luck :D

I found another little striped grass snake awhile back also. A little prettier than the last one I think :D

attachment.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back