Beardie HELP !!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardlove

Reaction score
My bearded dragon i woke up this morning and saw that my beardie had swallen eye and only occationly opens. to what i have seen when he opens his eye the pupil is all the way on the left side of its eye? and you can see when you look at his head it is in a different possition to to the other eye. i was wondering if my larger beardie may have tryed to bite his head to try mate :/.

what should i do! please help?
:cry:

Anyone ??????????
Please help

Last edited:
Okay first try cleaning around the eye with a cotton bud and water. If there is any is gunk coming out. You can also try washing around it carefully with bedatine diluted with water, If it is still swallon get him to the vet because this is a starting symptom to mouthrot. Is his substrate sand? There is also the chance he could have been trying to burrow down into the sand and it has gotten into his eye and infected it. He could have also damaged it by bumping it on logs, twigs or something else. Can you post some pics? It would be easier to identify the problem.

Might be eye bulging. Ive read A few articles about this.
From memory it's not a big deal
If you are going to clean the eye don't use cotton wool balls or Cotten buds they can irritate the eye with the small Cotten threads. Use the make up removal pads your mum, girlfriend or wife will have.

This one might help.

http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/eyebulging/

Eye bulging is a temporary thing. If a beardie has been eye bulging for an entire day that in of itself is a reason to visit the vet.

Snakesrock, get your beardie to a vet. People warned you that keeping beardies together can have disastrous consequences and you ignored them. Please start listening now, even though it's inconvenient for you.

Might be eye bulging. Ive read A few articles about this.
From memory it's not a big deal

The photo is a bit out of focus, but it doesn't look like eye-bulging. In eye-bulging the eyeball becomes very round and the eye tends to slit. This looks like the eye has been damaged.

Snakesrock, what does the pink part in the front half of the eye look like? (Is the eye pink, is it raw flesh or something else?) If it's as nasty as it looks, trying to treat it yourself might make it worse. An experienced herp vet might be the go here.

i dont think it was the other ones as they have been together for years and its never happened

yeah the black dot at the end of the eye is the eye ball and the pink stuff is what is behind the eye the eye has moved back the lizard wont open its eye i just found out that its front teeth have fallen out probally will call a vet now

Get it to a vet ASAP, that looks seriously nasty. Also, that animals have been living together without incident previously is no guarantee that something will never happen.

i just found out that its front teeth have fallen out probally will call a vet now

:? By the sounds (& looks) of it, they have been fighting.....i hope you have done the right thing by this poor lizard & taken it to a vet, no probably about it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back