Woma acting funny

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pumba89

Reaction score
I got a baby woma python a few months, she's probably about five months old now, I've never had any problems feeding her before, but she was acting a bit weird last night. I was trying to give her a baby chick my dad gave me for her and she started hissing at it and striking at it but not taking it. At first I thought it was just because she had recently shed a few days ago and was just really hungry, but then she just kept doing it, and then she grabbed it twice and dropped it. It's the first thing I've tried feeding her other than fuzzy mice, so I was just wondering if it would be because she didn't want the chick because she's used to mice, if she's just not ready to go on to bigger food yet, or because she isn't ready to eat yet after shedding? She's shed before with me and I didn't have a problem with her, but I can't remember how long I waited before feeding her that time.
Thanks,
Pamela.

It's a defense thing. She feels threatened by it dangling over it's head. Leave it in the enclosure overnight and cover her up or take her back to mice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back