Sammy's 3D Background Progress

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!!! :)

Second layer done!!
7cabc7c1-44e0-d923.jpg
7cabc7c1-44ee-5188.jpg

Thanks :) I have painted in some shadows and here is a quick picture. Since doing this I have made a very thin grout mixture mixed with a thinned glue and painted a third layer with this over the black to soften it all up a bit. I'll post a picture of this bit tomorrow when it's dry. (hopefully it will look good and the black paint comes through enough - we will see because the more it is drying the more visible the black is again). :)

7cabc7c1-82b3-fde6.jpg

Haha!! I actually wouldn't mind doing some for others but I'd certainly have to invest in some tarps to lay on the floor to prevent any more grout on the tiles :D. I'm already planning my next enclosure. Here are some updated pictures of the last grout coat dried. :)

7cabc7c1-f58f-7550.jpg

7cabc7c1-f5c9-bdaf.jpg
7cabc7c1-f5df-1284.jpg

7cabc7c1-f5ee-7720.jpg

I've actually finished it now and had sanded it and sealed it but haven't for pictures of it yet so I'll post them tomorrow. :)

Looks amazing Jess great work! I've just started a mini background for my gecko enclosure (30x30x45), ill throw some picks up on my thread tomorrow.
I'm so stealing some of your ideas!

Looks amazing Jess great work! I've just started a mini background for my gecko enclosure (30x30x45), ill throw some picks up on my thread tomorrow.
I'm so stealing some of your ideas!

Thanks!! I'll definitely have to check it out when you do - I have read through your thread a couple of times and stolen a few ideas! It is the thread that finally motivated me to get on started after all!

Haven't updated for a couple of days because I had it drying outside to rid the smell of the sealant and a big gust of wind came, it fell down and smashed!! :( So after a couple more coats of grout, sealant and some paint - if fixed it and finished it as best as I could. All that's left is for it to finish drying and for the smell from sealant and paint to leave it. When I have put it in the enclosure I'll post another picture. :)

P.S my dad and neighbor built the enclosure around the glass which is from a shower that I found at the tip top shop for $15.

7caa6999-65ef-a1f9.jpg

Last edited:
Unbelievable! and my my, how very thrifty of you.
I'm inspired to get off my butt and get to making my own thank you.

Yea, holds together great! :)

Here's some pictures I got this morning when I took the glass out.

7caa6999-6477-ed75.jpg

7caa6999-6487-f5b7.jpg

7caa6999-6499-4d04.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back