Bad snake shed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

silent36

Reaction score
Hey all

Ive looked up heaps of forums ect all saying to soak the snake ect my BHp has had a bad shed some parts of him have come off but still has at least 80% on him i cant seem to get it off i have treid soaking him ect just seems like it wants to stay put can anyone help me

cheers

Add a small amount of dish washing liquid to the water. Put the snake in for 2-5 minutes and it will come off.

I put a folded towl in a decent size click clack. Add enough WARM water to cover the towel and put the python in there for a while. the towel gives him something to rub against to help with removing the shed.

For future sheds invest in a hygrometer and keep an eye on the humidity levels of the enclosure. Usually anything under 40% will give bad sheds with my BHPs.

cheers i got him in his click clack now with a warm towel ill leve him there for a hwile

the other thing you can do is put him in a reversed pillow case that has been pre soaked in warm water, make sure the pillow case is cotton so it still breathes. that way as the snake moves the pillowcase is rubbing all over the snake.
Graeme

i put my dimond on the top of the shower screen while i have a shower so he can sit in the steam this has allways workek for a bad shed with the lil guy then just put him back in his enclosure and the rest should rub or fall off in the next few hours :)

Yeah ive treid a few of the above the problem is the old shed on top of him feels like its almost glued on ive soaked him put him in a moist warm towel ect it just doesnt wanna come off its kinda like im going to need a cheese grater its scaring me

is it big chunks or just little bits here and there?

Its coming off in bits and peices around his side and belly but on top its a no go

maybe just to be sure take it to a vet if its really bad but if its lil bits and you trust yourself and your snake gently pll bits off the same direction as the scales but if it feels like its not gonna come off leave it and take it to a vet

yeah im going to take him to a vet on wedensday (earlyiest i can) but just wanted to see if there was anything i could do before hand

and yeha i have been pulling bits off on his sides and belly comes off fairly easy just on top of him nothing comes off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back