who Can build rat racks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rednut90

Reaction score
732473i_20.jpg
need someone in the brisbane area who can build a rat breeding set up like this need between 20-24 bays cheap as possible

Shouldn't be too hard to build, take the leap into the realm of DIY

Sorry to hijack anyone that can build a ten bay rack with tubs in melb
sorry rednut

Just use tubs don't bother making a rack buy the tubs and for ventilation get the snake/mouse wire and cut a section out in the lid and screw some wire on that's what i use works fine :D.

thats what i have at the moment but just rather a propper set as the tubs take up alot of room. and sick of filling water bottles lol

yeah they do take up space i no what yu mean and what do you mean in sick off filling water botttles dont you have to fill them up anyway with a rack?

not if i get this rack system, if look at the pic you can see a little black tube which runs to each container. you have one large water bottle on top and the water flows to each one

try aaron from snake whispere he might be able to help you out

Pm Dee on here, he did mine, great job, cheap and he can deliver, he also can offer a different watering system so you have just the droppers in the tub and a 20 lit drum on the top.

As your breeding effort grows, you'll find that NOT having a rack system in place becomes a royal pain in the cloaca.

Just use tubs don't bother making a rack buy the tubs and for ventilation get the snake/mouse wire and cut a section out in the lid and screw some wire on that's what i use works fine :D.

I no longer build rat systems, but PM me rednut, and I'll be happy to offer some advice. There are a few things to consider when setting up your rat colonies, and it's surprisingly easy to get it wrong.

Cheers,
Aaron

There is no "dee" specifically on here, but I'll wager you all are probably referring to "voodoo". He doesn't get on here much anymore though, he uses a similar setup as the OP's photo.

rednut - how many rats are wanting to run in the setup? Depending on many you want to run and how plan on running your colony will affect what size tub and how many tubs you need......racks are not that hard to make by yourself - i was absolutely useless at manual arts at school and i manage to build quite a few myself. I use a small nail gun (about $80), pva glue (very cheap), 42x19 pine for most of the framing, plywood strips for the tub runners and aviary mesh which if you shop around is a lot cheaper than what you see in bunnings. I guess the only thing I have which is a bit expensive to build them is a small air compressor which was left over from our old family business. What you will need to spend on tools to do it yourself might be worth it as if you pay someone to build them and they value their labour at a reasonable amount it will probably work out cheaper for you.

Shoot me a pm if you want as I have built a few of these over the years and can give you some pointers.

Cheers,
Dave

these are the racks I pmed you about - one holds the 20l tubs and the other is the 41l tubs.

Attachments

• rack1.jpg
    rack1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 26
  • rack2.jpg
    rack2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back