Not happy!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

I had a call this morning from a snake sympathetic property owner who informed me there were a load of kids (school holidays) armed with bricks and sticks around my local RBB female site, so I headed on down to find one of my girls laying out in the open with this wound:(!

Now in rehab (applied an iodine based antiseptic to the wound) and a trip to the vet booked in. Hoping she'll pull through.

Attachments

• Tilbuster female injury 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    Tilbuster female injury 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 243
  • Tilbuster female injury 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    Tilbuster female injury 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 226
That's horrible!
I don't understand kids like that. Good luck with her.

How DARE THEY?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?! I hope they get bricks thrown at THEM!! let them know how it feels!!!!! I rescued a baby plover bird that had rocks thrown at it from school kids, and the poor thing had a broken leg. I looked after it while the leg healed then released it.
I hope your snake get s better. Xx

I'm not sure that I understand why we can't throw bricks and sticks at these kids now?

Just seems fitting to me.

i am 15 and in year 10 at school a few weeks before hols started there was a poor bluetongue in the playground these stupid little brat year 7s were droping there bags on it i imediatley reacted by throwing a basketball at the kids head and went over there and picked the poor thing up fortunatley it was hardley injured. i still death stare these kids everytime i se them and i cant wait to se one of them with there mum so we can have a chat lol :)

> Find out who the kids were
> Contact parents
> Inform that their children broke into one of your reptile containments and bludgeoned the snake inside with rocks/bricks.
> Firmly state you'll involve the police next time this occurs. Drop words like "acts of cruelty against defenceless, venomless animals"
> Laugh at the ****storm awaiting the children when they get home

On a side note, you could probably demand a couple dollars to front the vet bills.

You know what they say about killing animals...

> Find out who the kids were
> Contact parents
> Inform that their children broke into one of your reptile containments and bludgeoned the snake inside with rocks/bricks.
> Firmly state you'll involve the police next time this occurs. Drop words like "acts of cruelty against defenceless, venomless animals"
> Laugh at the ****storm awaiting the children when they get home

On a side note, you could probably demand a couple dollars to front the vet bills.

You know what they say about killing animals...

They weren't his snakes, they were wild ones he observes

Oh that's horrible! I hope she pulls through ok. It would be really nice to see those little mongrels fined for what they did, but it's not like that will ever happen! They're bloody lucky she didn't bite them... or maybe unlucky as the case may be. :twisted: All the best with her, will be thinking of you both.

those horrible mungrills i'm only 12 and i've saved a lot of blueys and small skinks at my school [we live in the hills] and these children have no idea how to hold a lizard just keep picking it up with no support to it's legs and just keep dropping it and dropping it anyway when they go to pick it up again i shove them over pick the lizard up and put it through the fence but when i'm not there i have an awesome teacher she's a herper and she has heaps of bluey's stumpy's and gidgee's and she look's after all the lizard's that are getting bullied anyway i hate children that have no idea how to hold a reptile and what's worse is that my mum has heaps of friends with small children and their so annoying and then when they come over their parents are like 'go and find max and see all his animals' what their really saying is 'go find max and pss him off and poke all his reptiles and poke his eggs and all the reptiles and winge to him that you want to hold them' anyway so they come down [without parents] and i just stand there with blood [red texta] all over my bassball bat and growl :D then they running 'yay' i say to my self and then go back to checking and feeding everyone then the parents coem with them ................. and they say 'can we have a look at your animals we just want a look' i say to my self BS about the 'we just want a look' and then they all come in the room ........... then it starts crying saying 'mummy it's mean it's ganna bite me' and then they all have a look then they all go 'what's this one what's this one' so i say all the species and then their's the 'I WANT THAT ONE RIGHT NOW' and the parents go oh okay that one look's cool maybe we could get one which of course is my precious gidgee skink and they say 'what do you need for that one and how much does it cost? and i say well you need at least a 3 foot tank a desert sand substrate with a heat and uvb globe with a hidie hole with a hot end and a cool end and put the hidie hole at the end and then their like okay how much does this cost and i say 'well the tank a good 200 2bulb holder thingy's about 80 a ceramic heat lamp about 90 a uvb about 40 a desert substrate 40 a hidie place about 20 and water bowl+fake plants 20 and the gidgee skink about 295' and after hearing that all the parents go completly off the idea because they have no idea what i'm talking about all they hear is the price's and then they say 'maybe not' to the children then the children start screaming and crying and i say 'please be quite the reptile's really don't like it' then their's the 'I WANT TO HOLD IT OR TOUCH IT' so i say 'well you can't touch any of the geckos because there fragile and the gidgee skink is in hibernation. and that is what it's like for me with children [even though i'm 12 but i was never like a kid i found toys and crap a waste of money at the age of 5 and like animals instead] :D anyway those mungril kids scream and run at them with a baseball bat when they next come [it's really fun]

I really feel sorry that more parents do not educate their Children about cruelty to even those animals that are not furry, cutesy normal pet type ones. I will say though, that at some point Parents shouldnt always be blamed totally.... Most Children over 10 should have a little common sense on what is right and what is wrong???? Unfortunately where reptiles are concerned there are members of the community(in all age groups)that will always gather a lynch mob to "Protect" the community against the dastardly reptiles...... IV I truly hope your Girl recovers and those responsible suffer some form of punishment.... Very sad indeed :(

That poor snake, I really hope she recovers!

@geckoboy: Full stops! Please!

Sad to hear this.I agree with MoreliaJewels,these kids should know better,they probably get the "anti-snake" attitude from their parents.a similar story,last year some school kids found a diamond python and threw it onto a barbed wire fence.at least that snake was picked up and nursed back to health.poor RBB,hope she recovers :(

That poor snake, I really hope she recovers!

@geckoboy: Full stops! Please!
I think he did quite well for a 12yr old, my 17yr old brother couldn't write that well. Good on you gecko boy and good on you imported for caring for it, I hope these children get the repayment they deserve

i think i would of bashed the ******* out of them kids. i know violence isnt the answer but their parents should of taught them to care for wildlife not injure or kill it.

The sad truth of the matter is that these days many parents wouldn't really care anyway so why waste your time trying to track them down. Hopefully 1 day they will try some similar stroke of heroism and be caught in the act by an animal loving member of the public around their own age group.
Thankfully there are a lot of youngsters who have utmost respect for animals as we see by the increasing numbers on sites like aps.
Good luck with the recovery and as much as I wished this were an isolated incident we all know its common place and that the authorities dont really give a damn.

those horrible mungrills i'm only 12 and i've saved a lot of blueys and small skinks at my school [we live in the hills] and these children have no idea how to hold a lizard just keep picking it up with no support to it's legs and just keep dropping it and dropping it anyway when they go to pick it up again i shove them over pick the lizard up and put it through the fence but when i'm not there i have an awesome teacher she's a herper and she has heaps of bluey's stumpy's and gidgee's and she look's after all the lizard's that are getting bullied anyway i hate children that have no idea how to hold a reptile and what's worse is that my mum has heaps of friends with small children and their so annoying and then when they come over their parents are like 'go and find max and see all his animals' what their really saying is 'go find max and pss him off and poke all his reptiles and poke his eggs and all the reptiles and winge to him that you want to hold them' anyway so they come down [without parents] and i just stand there with blood [red texta] all over my bassball bat and growl :D then they running 'yay' i say to my self and then go back to checking and feeding everyone then the parents coem with them ................. and they say 'can we have a look at your animals we just want a look' i say to my self BS about the 'we just want a look' and then they all come in the room ........... then it starts crying saying 'mummy it's mean it's ganna bite me' and then they all have a look then they all go 'what's this one what's this one' so i say all the species and then their's the 'I WANT THAT ONE RIGHT NOW' and the parents go oh okay that one look's cool maybe we could get one which of course is my precious gidgee skink and they say 'what do you need for that one and how much does it cost? and i say well you need at least a 3 foot tank a desert sand substrate with a heat and uvb globe with a hidie hole with a hot end and a cool end and put the hidie hole at the end and then their like okay how much does this cost and i say 'well the tank a good 200 2bulb holder thingy's about 80 a ceramic heat lamp about 90 a uvb about 40 a desert substrate 40 a hidie place about 20 and water bowl+fake plants 20 and the gidgee skink about 295' and after hearing that all the parents go completly off the idea because they have no idea what i'm talking about all they hear is the price's and then they say 'maybe not' to the children then the children start screaming and crying and i say 'please be quite the reptile's really don't like it' then their's the 'I WANT TO HOLD IT OR TOUCH IT' so i say 'well you can't touch any of the geckos because there fragile and the gidgee skink is in hibernation. and that is what it's like for me with children [even though i'm 12 but i was never like a kid i found toys and crap a waste of money at the age of 5 and like animals instead] :D anyway those mungril kids scream and run at them with a baseball bat when they next come [it's really fun]

My head hurts, geckoboy do you wanna buy a few full stops?

yes let us all hunt them down in the night and then creep in to their room's and through brick's at them

oh and moussaka i put full stops in school work but it's holidays so i can't be bothered using brain power on full stops so yea :D

They weren't his snakes, they were wild ones he observes

Whoever let the truth get in the way of a good ****storm? I'd run with it regardless just so the kids get yelled at for their actions and they may rethink before doing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back