Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Heya! I was thinking tonight that I should make myself a herp related car decal, seeing as the bug bit me so badly! I had already made silver paw prints and a silver cat for my car, so now have a python to add. The way I do these is design the vector file in adobe illustrator (I'm using CS5), cut it out with a blackcat cougar machine (Cuts paper, cork, vinyl etc.. but I've only ever used vinyl) and stick onto the car!

The python was a coastal, but when doing the vector I changed the markings a bit... Regarding the photos, I've posted the original photo, followed by the vector image, and then a crappy camera photo of the image cut out in silver + black - it looks great in person, just not with this photo lol. I'll take another photo of the car when its on.

Also, just wondering if anyone else has done anything like this?

The car with the paw prints and cat (The cat is one of mine that I kind of stylised in illustrator). I used to have geckos on my old car as well.
Untitled-14.png

318649_10150476108777952_1242387011_n.jpg

Original photo:
DSCF4786.jpg

Vector image:
jpgimage.jpg

Photo of cut out vinyl:
396840_10151103260302952_710793989_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great!! You'll have people placing orders next. :p
I have a neighbor who cuts his own car stickers and what not so I taught him a bit about adobe illustrator (cs5) and now he's all over it! :)

I just have to keep in mind I dont want to 'over decorate' my car and make it look crappy... hehe

Do you happen to have any photos of what he's done since you showed him Illustrator, Jess?

Last edited:
Start cutting kitah, you will have them posted to everyone on here soon, but put the website on the bottom ;)

That's awesome, I would love one. Let us know when your ready to market them :)

Update :) Put it on my car this morning.. not quite happy with it so will be re-doing it; just tweak the file a bit.

417428_10151105375082952_397359810_n.jpg

529397_10151105375362952_974061931_n.jpg

And you leave my car alone! I like it.. all that matters lol

Been playing around a bit again... Will cut some more out tomorrow and change the one that I already have on there I think.

Someone suggested I do one that could go across the back of the window
394645_10151109538012952_564386460_n.jpg

Then just a gecko I might make myself as well.. dont really like the pattern on the tail though just yet.
376943_10151115330552952_154300199_n.jpg

If you could make an Antaresia type one I'd certainly buy it. Probably a pair, one for each of the small side windows in the very back of my suv.
The idea for the one all the way across the back window is nice too. ;)
And who cares what your car is if it does what you need it to. I'm super attached to mine and it's a Kia! (Heard all the Killed in Action jokes but it's been more reliable than the fords and toyotas I've owned so far). :lol:

with the number of thefts of reptiles, i for 1 wouldnt be advertising that i have snakes. Same as all those guys with dirtbike stickers on their car, most will have dirtbikes in their garage/shed at home. All someone has to do is follow u home to see where u live and im sure everyone knows the rest

with the number of thefts of reptiles, i for 1 wouldnt be advertising that i have snakes. Same as all those guys with dirtbike stickers on their car, most will have dirtbikes in their garage/shed at home. All someone has to do is follow u home to see where u live and im sure everyone knows the rest

Just because it's on their car doesn't mean they own one of it. My friend has a 'Support our Troops' sticker on his trailer and he never has folks following him home for military gear. I mean, I've seen young women with their parcel shelves and dashboards covered in plush toys and you don't see pedophiles following them home to steal their kids. I wouldn't expect a person to think much about it beyond 'nice snake decal'. Sure the odd tool will still think it's a great idea to give it a try but I don't think it'd be something that happens often, let alone that they be smart enough to pull it off. The majority of people I know would look at it and say 'that crazy person likes snakes!' lol. :lol:

Just my 2 cents. They look great, keep up the good work! ;)

Mhmm might have to see about doing a stimmy perhaps- I have three stimmos as well, so maybe I should have both on the car? lol.

As to the theft 'risk'... in my circumstances at least I think it is negligible. Mostly because, as Jande said, I would think most people would just think 'snake sticker' not 'they have heaps of valuable snakes, I should go pinch them.' I love wild cats and was contemplating making tiger/lion/cheetah/clouded leopard etc vinyls, but that wouldn't mean I kept them at home either :)

edit.. removed image, sorry :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back