Scrub Python enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakelady96

Reaction score
Hi all, i am getting a new enclosure for my scrubby and want to hear some opinions on what size do you reckon would be ideal for an adult? He still has alot of growing to do, he is only 2 years old right now... I am getting one from Stein Enclosures so size must be perfect ;)

I already have an idea of a size in my head but am thinking its either too large or a bit small...

Thanks in advance!

At least the length of the snake, half as wide and tall - and think about years ahead (growing).
This is not some rule, just my opinion, that's how would keep a scrubby if I had one.

For an adult, a 2.5m square by 2m tall aviary would be great reasonable.

that would be the biggest stein enclosure i have ever seen :D

Ask joemal as he would have plenty advice he just upgraded his scrubby's enclosure

I reckon a 6x2x2 (LxWxH) will do nicely for now, and a 6x3x2 (LxWxH) for when he's older.

If you will be taking your scrub out reguarly, I wouldn't recommend a high enclosure with branches.
I have noticed scrubs seem to really dislike being prised off their branches, not to mention that are also very strong.
Scrubs love their food, and their branches, and they tend to get very defensive over both, so just be careful of that ;)

I have a scrub, and she is an absolute sweetheart, and they are the only two times when she has bitten (or tried) to bite me.
In my opinion, an enclosure which will help maximise safety around a large, often defensive snake is best.

Although, if you won't be handling the scrub very often, a larger display enclosure would be more suitable.

Just my opinion :)

Joemal will be able to give you an idea ;) check out his enclosure.... http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/diy-zone-5392/scrubbies-new-enclosure-188552/

Yes! Do! It's amazing. And his Scrubby will give you a good idea of their famously lovely personality. Although you've probably already thought of this.

I have a scrub, and she is an absolute sweetheart, and they are the only two times when she has bitten (or tried) to bite me.

That is super cool man you must be very comfortable and good at handling, how big is she?
I love hearing this stuff. My python has never bitten me either...fingers crossed I can keep a clean slate with her.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, i have spoken to Joemal on Facebook and that size is what i had in mind.. I will post some pics when i finally get the enclosures 10 week wait though plus freight time! But i'll share pics with ya's all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back