Urgent please! :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who made you mod? Ever thought that sharing its enclosure with a larger snake of another species might be adding to its stress levels?

Hehehe

That of course cannot be the problem. If his mate wants to force fed, even though it hasn't eaten for only four weeks, we must obviously understand his mate is probably 16.5yrs old, so has way more knowledge.

I can see this thread ending in him (troll) disputing everyones good/correct advice and doing whatever he wants anyway....Oh I wish I was 16yrs again, I knew so much and was an expert on everything, you just needed to ask me, obviously as I got older all my "knowledge" left me and I realise I know SWFA.

Ohh I so hope I am not banned forever by the expert;) Oh Kodie my Stimmy hasn't eaten for three months can I get your mate to come round to mine and help me out..??

Could it be natural brumation since you have no heat on your animals and it is the middle of winter????

(Disclaimer: my 6yr old Stimmy always does this, it is normal for him to eat only 6-8 months of the year)

Last edited:
serpanttounge- yes it's a healthy olive, has been fed 1 pretty big meal once a week or fortnightly, so it should be fin it he doesn't each for a little while longer? i'll wait till 5-6 weeks before i start thinking about force feeding.

and for the other smart ***. no i'm not going to ignore you all and jut go force feed it tomorrow.... force feeding isn't ideal so i'm not real keen on doing it yet...

i was not picking a fight. i was just being a stubborn kid and not listen ok.... what sin the past is in the past ok....

serpanttounge- yes it's a healthy olive, has been fed 1 pretty big meal once a week or fortnightly, so it should be fin it he doesn't each for a little while longer? i'll wait till 5-6 weeks before i start thinking about force feeding.

and for the other smart ***. no i'm not going to ignore you all and jut go force feed it tomorrow.... force feeding isn't ideal so i'm not real keen on doing it yet...

I wouldn't think a 2m olive would need force feeding even after 5-6weeks kodie. As said before hatchies can go the whole winter without a feed & they don't have the size on them. It is normal for snakes not to feed thru winter so don't stress, just make sure the snake is stress free, so no cage mate & no moving him around to different enclosures, keep changes to an absolute minimum. Force feeding should be a last resort so maybe after 6-12 months of non feeding. there are plenty of other options to try first, which I;m sure there are many threads outlining the different methods.

comon ppl let bygons be bygons, the op has said they were wrong,stubborn etc, and said sorry and admitted they were wrong. i think more people need to have a smoke and chill out!!!!!

i find it amazing on how many python owners still do not obviously do enough research before purchasing an animal. the fact that you believe that after 4 weeks force feeding is necessary proves that you have very little understanding of pythons in general. i could nearly put money down that the tank is not setup properly. going by what you have said.
Im not saying you shouldn't have snakes. im saying you need to do alot more research on the requirements and behaviors of these animals. these will answer questions you didn't even know existed. google care sheets on the species you want to keep and look at every site on the first page. it will take an hour and you will know 99% of what is needed for the basic care of that animal and if you can properly care for it.
good luck... your gonna need it

Kodie, I take it you aren't very old. You are asking for advice and then giving possible answers to your questions.
Ask questions , evaluate the answers. Stop spruiking rubbish your friend says, do some bloody research.

Learn more about your animals by being interested instead of being lazy and asking questions and then totally disregarding the answers.

As has been stated, if it is not showing any signs of ill health besides not eating for 4 weeks then there is no reason to worry. It's winter, sometimes they just feel like a time out. I have an 18 month old stimmi that periodically goes on hunger strikes for up to 6 weeks for no apparent reason and is fine. Usually she is an eating machine but every now and then she just doesn't feel like it. Your olive may be doing the same.

I don't know where abouts you are located but down here in Vic it has been extremely cold the last few weeks, colder than usual. Even if where you are is still 'warm' by our standards, if the temperature is below average the snake may not be warm enough to digest and so will refuse food. They do this in the wild at this time of year and in your other thread you said it was kept outdoors.

4 weeks without food for a large snake is nothing to worry about. Attempting to force feed it is likely to cause it stress and do more harm than good.

Hehehe

That of course cannot be the problem. If his mate wants to force fed, even though it hasn't eaten for only four weeks, we must obviously understand his mate is probably 16.5yrs old, so has way more knowledge.

I can see this thread ending in him (troll) disputing everyones good/correct advice and doing whatever he wants anyway....Oh I wish I was 16yrs again, I knew so much and was an expert on everything, you just needed to ask me, obviously as I got older all my "knowledge" left me and I realise I know SWFA.

Ohh I so hope I am not banned forever by the expert;) Oh Kodie my Stimmy hasn't eaten for three months can I get your mate to come round to mine and help me out..??

Could it be natural brumation since you have no heat on your animals and it is the middle of winter????

(Disclaimer: my 6yr old Stimmy always does this, it is normal for him to eat only 6-8 months of the year)
look i'm just asking for some advice, and no my mates not 16.5yr old, he is about 30 and has around 13 snakes, i think he would know a fair bit mroe than me, so i'm jut telling you all what he think i should do. i'm just asking you all what i should do before i do anything....

As has been stated, if it is not showing any signs of ill health besides not eating for 4 weeks then there is no reason to worry. It's winter, sometimes they just feel like a time out. I have an 18 month old stimmi that periodically goes on hunger strikes for up to 6 weeks for no apparent reason and is fine. Usually she is an eating machine but every now and then she just doesn't feel like it. Your olive may be doing the same.

I don't know where abouts you are located but down here in Vic it has been extremely cold the last few weeks, colder than usual. Even if where you are is still 'warm' by our standards, if the temperature is below average the snake may not be warm enough to digest and so will refuse food. They do this in the wild at this time of year and in your other thread you said it was kept outdoors.

4 weeks without food for a large snake is nothing to worry about. Attempting to force feed it is likely to cause it stress and do more harm than good.
ok thank you for that info :) yes it is kept out doors... umm yer so i'll just wait a couple more weeks beofre i try anything else, but i will keep and eye and him just to see... like normaly he will strike but not eat, ATM he is jsut moving away from what ever i wave infront of his face.

Last edited:
Kodie are you sure your python is 2 metres long? The pics have gone. It looked smaller than that to me?

ok..... so stop talking about force feeding a 2m olive and listen to everyones opion about a healthy 2m python being able to not eat for months with no issues !! and good luck tring to force feed a 2m olive any way.... it will literally reject anything you try to force down its throat as their muscle retention at that size will not allow you to.
On second thoughts from the pics on the last thread it does not look any where near 2m, but still at a sub adult size.... force feeding would be near impossible as said above.
Cheers
Congo

Last edited:
i find it amazing on how many python owners still do not obviously do enough research before purchasing an animal. the fact that you believe that after 4 weeks force feeding is necessary proves that you have very little understanding of pythons in general. i could nearly put money down that the tank is not setup properly. going by what you have said.
Im not saying you shouldn't have snakes. im saying you need to do alot more research on the requirements and behaviors of these animals. these will answer questions you didn't even know existed. google care sheets on the species you want to keep and look at every site on the first page. it will take an hour and you will know 99% of what is needed for the basic care of that animal and if you can properly care for it.
good luck... your gonna need it
i don't believe forced feeding is necessary... i don't want to force feed him cause i know it adds unwanted stress and can injure the snake and yourself. i know how to care for my animals..... i'm not some 5 yr old that shakes the bag with a goldfish in..... i treat my animals like their my own kids....

ok..... so stop talking about force feeding a 2m olive and listen to everyones opion about a healthy 2m python being able to not eat for months with no issues !! and good luck tring to force feed a 2m olive any way.... it will literally reject anything you try to force down its throat as their muscle retention at that size will not allow you to.
Cheers
Congo
i'm not going to force feed it as i've said 100 times! my mates just said that they don't normaly do this, none of his 13 snakes are doing it atm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back