Urgent please! :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thank you for that info :) yes it is kept out doors... umm yer so i'll just wait a couple more weeks beofre i try anything else, but i will keep and eye and him just to see... like normaly he will strike but not eat, ATM he is jsut moving away from what ever i wave infront of his face.
My stimmi does exactly the same when she is not eating. Usually strikes at any movement after dark but then will just hide her head and move away from the mouse I am offering. No amount of teasing on my part will induce her to strike. So then I just wait and when I see her "hunting"behaviour again I start offering her food.

I know it can be stressful when it happens for the first time, I am a worrier and tend to freak out over little changes in behaviour/feeding patterns but it really will be fine for long periods without food.
Snakes are designed to be able to do that. My 4ft diamond hasn't eaten since April and has lost no condition at all. Just be patient.

Kodie are you sure your python is 2 metres long? The pics have gone. It looked smaller than that to me?
yes.. the olive is around 2m and the coastal is bigger than 2m

My stimmi does exactly the same when she is not eating. Usually strikes at any movement after dark but then will just hide her head and move away from the mouse I am offering. No amount of teasing on my part will induce her to strike. So then I just wait and when I see her "hunting"behaviour again I start offering her food.

I know it can be stressful when it happens for the first time, I am a worrier and tend to freak out over little changes in behaviour/feeding patterns but it really will be fine for long periods without food.
Snakes are designed to be able to do that. My 4ft diamond hasn't eaten since April and has lost no condition at all. Just be patient.
ok thanks alot :) thats the advice i was looking for... not people just hateing on me... i'll wait 2 more weeks... i'll let you know what happenes :)

^^^ what he said ...... they should be seperate ALL of the time..... read and learn ??? if the 'ollie' is seperate now why can it not stay in a seperate cage on its OWN ?? Im still picking bored TROLL as this keeps going in circles !@!

Last edited:
sorry but why do u even want to keep them together? its pointless, what are u possibly going to gain from it? if u have another cage, make use of it and keep it in there. do u really wanna risk ones life just cause it looks cool. i certanly wouldnt. JMO

Last edited:
yes... sorry if that upsets you but, if i notice any change in behaviour i will seperate them :)

Nothing to worry bout then bud... healthy olive during winter and you don't need to force feed as others have said. I'm sure it will try and eat when the weather warms up in summer and it's back with it's mate.

they are together because it will make the overall room for them bigger and they like it together. plus i'ts kinda cool.

Why is everyone picking on this guy? So what he said some stuff and doesn't have as much experience as others but this is what these sites are for, to LEARN and not to be judged. anyway he said he was sorry>what more can he do? I'm not taking sides by the way.....I don't like arguments! So can we just forget all of this-whatever it is and try to be helpful????

BACK ON TOPIC:
Right now it isn't the end of the world if he doesn't feed right now. It's winter most snakes have gone off their food.
Don't force feed(although you've already established that...)
There are a variety of different tricks you can try to get him to eat if you are that worried.
Such as braining the mouse/rat, dipping it in chicken stock, try feeding it different coloured mice/rats, try feeding at different times of day...etc.

Please don't ban/report me for saying this but I found with my pythons when I had them in the same enclosure they refused to eat. I took them out put them in seperate enclosures and they ate that night. Some pythons just won't eat infront of others for some reason. I wouldn't recommend putting two+ snakes together even if they are the same breed or different species, but hey-their your snakes....:?
(Just keep this mind...)

Oh wow and now I know why other animal forums talk trash about this one ... really guys? It's a fight on almost every thread. I thought this was gonna be one of those good community forums where everyone helps eachother out not judging them and ganging up. I'm 13 and I think this **** is immature ...

Anywayz as mentioned above it'll be fine without food for weeks to come ... no need to worry. Yeah I'm a worry wart to and freak out at the slightest thing lol. The joys of owning pythons <3

Why is everyone picking on this guy? So what he said some stuff and doesn't have as much experience as others but this is what these sites are for, to LEARN and not to be judged. anyway he said he was sorry>what more can he do? I'm not taking sides by the way.....I don't like arguments! So can we just forget all of this-whatever it is and try to be helpful????

BACK ON TOPIC:
Right now it isn't the end of the world if he doesn't feed right now. It's winter most snakes have gone off their food.
Don't force feed(although you've already established that...)
There are a variety of different tricks you can try to get him to eat if you are that worried.
Such as braining the mouse/rat, dipping it in chicken stock, try feeding it different coloured mice/rats, try feeding at different times of day...etc.

Please don't ban/report me for saying this but I found with my pythons when I had them in the same enclosure they refused to eat. I took them out put them in seperate enclosures and they ate that night. Some pythons just won't eat infront of others for some reason. I wouldn't recommend putting two+ snakes together even if they are the same breed or different species, but hey-their your snakes....:?
(Just keep this mind...)
thanks for that, its not cause their together.. he hasn't been interested in about 2 weeks, they have only been together for 3 days. though my coastal is happy to eat infront of him, infact he even ate while the olive was slivering over him lol, kinda funny :p

Kodie, that's cool mate :D

i'm EXACTLY with what python-lover4lyf said. These forums are to help people not talk trash and make them feel bad. I am also 13 and I think it is absolutely horrid what people will say. We all LOVE or herps and care for them. I am a member of so many different reptile forums from over seas where people don't judge, give advice, are friendly to EVERYONE and don't hold grudges. I would expect my fellow Aussies to do the same and show some respect.

Kodie, It really is NOT cool to keep these two snakes together. ONE day you will wake up and only have one snake and the other will definitely have a smile on it's face. Why take the risk?. Do not say you were not warned.
Olive is fine, leave it alone as it may be too cool for it. Might even be going into shed.

Kodie, that's cool mate :D

i'm EXACTLY with what python-lover4lyf said. These forums are to help people not talk trash and make them feel bad. I am also 13 and I think it is absolutely horrid what people will say. We all LOVE or herps and care for them. I am a member of so many different reptile forums from over seas where people don't judge, give advice, are friendly to EVERYONE and don't hold grudges. I would expect my fellow Aussies to do the same and show some respect.
+1;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back