Help Dragon sick

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristyn83

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi my 5 month old dragon today has had a weird shape in his back and his back legs haven't moved well at all today I gave him a warm bath and massaged his stomach to help with the pain he drank alot of water. now he is in his tank with his mouth wide open. I have never seen him with his mouth open in the 3 weeks i have owned him.

need pictures mate but sounds like you realy should get him to the vet asap

A bit more info would be nice. What are your temps like ? Last feed when? Last poo when? What substrate are you using? UV? Also a pic. Lots of helpful people on here but they need info

substrate is sand, heat is at 32c uv is 10.0 and he goes outside for a few hours each day in the sun. last fed was yesterday afternoon that i saw. he is also shedding if that helps. cannot take a photo as since the bath legs are moving better and back is straighter. also on his last feed he at 2 crickets in the one mouth full and it was alot to swallow in one go imo.

Give another warm bath he could be constipated this should help him go, beware of feeding on sand as this can lead to impaction. Lots of threads on hear re this. The mouth opening thing is common and is thought to be a heat regulating thing.

substrate is sand, heat is at 32c uv is 10.0 and he goes outside for a few hours each day in the sun. last fed was yesterday afternoon that i saw. he is also shedding if that helps. cannot take a photo as since the bath legs are moving better and back is straighter. also on his last feed he at 2 crickets in the one mouth full and it was alot to swallow in one go imo.

good to hear he is moving better,
nothing wrong with sand if proper husbandry is maintained,
heat should be higher 40-45 at the basking spot with a gradient down to 20-25 with hide spots out of the heat
10 UVB is good as is outside REAL sun
lump in back was prob cramps from trying to digest large food items which can put pressure on the spine,,,,,,or MBD from lack of calcium,do you put calcium powder (with D3)on his food?
also should have water bowl available at all times

good to hear he is moving better,
nothing wrong with sand if proper husbandry is maintained,
heat should be higher 40-45 at the basking spot with a gradient down to 20-25 with hide spots out of the heat
10 UVB is good as is outside REAL sun
lump in back was prob cramps from trying to digest large food items which can put pressure on the spine,,,,,,or MBD from lack of calcium,do you put calcium powder (with D3)on his food?
also should have water bowl available at all times

huge water bowl he likes to jump in it abit. have given calcium once a week. is this not enough.

huge water bowl he likes to jump in it abit. have given calcium once a week. is this not enough.

I believe that with young dragons it's generally recommended to be more frequent, as they're growing so quickly.

not enough calcuim mate give it to him 5 x times a week and chuk some powder in his bath too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back