show us your exotic birds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
vamps, always like seeing ur redtail, also love those other ones, i used to own a grass parrot a few years ago (im assuming thats what they are in pic 5 and 6), also is that birdcage u have in the last pic a 'grande open roof, bird, parrot aviary cage'? or somithing similar?

Yeah they're red rump grass parrots, so you're right :) I love the little things like crazy haha

Uhmm I'm not sure what it's called, the brand is i-pet, I ordered it online,
it's like 180cm tall, 90-something long, and 70 deep

this is it when I first put it together if it's any help,
the quality is good (I mean, it has a black cockatoo constantly chewing at it, and it's in one piece!)

IMAG0301.jpg

Yeah they're red rump grass parrots, so you're right :) I love the little things like crazy haha

Uhmm I'm not sure what it's called, the brand is i-pet, I ordered it online,
it's like 180cm tall, 90-something long, and 70 deep

this is it when I first put it together if it's any help,
the quality is good (I mean, it has a black cockatoo constantly chewing at it, and it's in one piece!)

IMAG0301.jpg

lol yeh they look like fun little things to play with, the cage i bought last week to house the redtail im getting was called what i posted above and it looks almost identical to that, only it has feed bowl gates. i bought mine from ebay, ill post a pic of it tomorrow, its only a little bit smaller then that one too

Mine has food bowl gates too, 3 of them? haha

What subspecies are you getting?

yeh i like the idea of food bowl gates, mine has 4 plus an observing gate at the top. i havn't actually fully finished it yet as u can see lol ive gotta bend the seed skirt cover things (whatever u call them lol) back into shape, cause they came all bent. and ive gotta put the wheels on.

View attachment 257626

and im gonna get the samueli subspecies, not to big, not to small :)

your ecky hen looks very friendly Vampstorso,

i gave my female amazon a drenching today with the mister , for some reason she suddenly hates the shower.

Attachments

• shower time (640x360).jpg
    shower time (640x360).jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 127
  • _MG_9758 (640x360).jpg
    _MG_9758 (640x360).jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 130
exotics you say

Here are a few pics of my exotic parrots. IMAG0207.jpgIMAG0210.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0235-1-1.jpg
    IMAG0235-1-1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 92
  • IMAG0314.jpg
    IMAG0314.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 93
Wow vamps.. I'm so jealous right now.. He's absolutely gorgeous! And your new camera really shows him off nicely :3 those pictures made my day..

The quality of these videos is a little cringe-worthy, especially after vamp's pictures, but anyhoo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UzJ1xouevM -- A little video I put together after Bailey died (Pearly Conure)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFVYwZPzyJM -- Playing with Shiloh (Quaker Parrot) on the bed, she's such a loon! Every time I try to wipe excess mushed food off her beak before she wipes it all over me or my bed, she assumes that's her cue to instigate a game of tug-o-war..

Renae x

Here's a more recent photo of my 2 Ratbags :)View attachment 266296

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• IMG_5012-2.jpg
    IMG_5012-2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 166
  • untitled1.png
    untitled1.png
    461.9 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Shes not so much exotic as shes an Australian native but shes my little Princess and I love her to absolute bits. Shes not just that, shes my work colleague. She comes to work with me everyday. This is Storm my blue mutation Princess Parrot. (Princess of Wales Parakeet) a grass parrot native to WA.

Attachments

• 20120509_161326.jpg
    20120509_161326.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 99
Vampstoro...

Has your black cockatoo started to change color yet? can you give us an update coz he is gorgeous.

Im looking at buying a female in the next couple of years...

Last edited:
Vampstoro...

Has your black cockatoo started to change color yet? can you give us an update coz he is gorgeous.

Im looking at buying a female in the next couple of years...

Hey Shell,

Thanks so much :)

No not really, he's still a bit young :) only coming up two years.
His tail is more red (no orange and yellow) but still banded.
He also seems to be dropping his spots left, right, and center!
But still looking like a big girl haha
Certainly getting over his baby temperament now though
My roomie is so set on getting him too like her...it's a dead end goal as far as the bird is concerned lol.

Harvpreening.jpg

HarveyShoes.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back