Quick question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssnakeboyy

Reaction score
Hey guys so I've got a bit of researching to do but for my second snake in hoping to get a coastal carpet hatchie. I want either a Proserpine local or this one I found on hawks bury reptiles. Its called a coffs harbor inter grade. Now my question is what does inter grade mean. I've heard it as diamond coastal Intergrade so does it mean a cross or what?

Thanks in advance, ssnakeboyy

(oh and also I don't one yet it will be for my b"day next year in April)

I think up in that sort of area the coastal and diamonds territory overlap and the breed with each other in the wild. That's why it's called an intergrade.
Very pretty animals.
Just do your research and make sure your happy with what the breeders are telling you.
Hope this helps a little.

A lot of people on here disagree about intergrades. From my understanding, they aren't direct crosses (ie you can't breed a coastal and a diamond at home and make them) but they crossed at some point in history and are now almost a separate animal. This is obviously arguable though since they haven't been described taxonomically as being a separate sub-species yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back