The First Sunglow Carpet Python in the World

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! I was going to say, before reading more posts... that there will already be strategies being developed to justify it's arrival in this country :)... Forgive my cynicism...

It will be called something else for a year or two, then...

Jamie

And I note the large shield-like head scales - very uncharacteristic of carpet pythons. Scale anomalies typical of deleterious inbreeding..

Being the first in the world and rather exclusive I find it highly unlikely (and foolish in financial terms) that they would disclose the make-up of this morph.

It is the first carpet sunglow, certainly not the first sunglow though.

Sunglow is hypo albino

moonglow is hypo axanthic albino (hypo snow albino)

No the colour is what is shown in albinos blacks and whites are white in albinos so if you have a hypo which is increased and brighter colour (reduced black) you get brighter colour and more of it in your albino hence sunglow

Last edited:
a true sunglow is a hypo albino that one is a caramal albino so not a true sunglow

overseas hypo is reduced melanin pigment and is co dom, caramels in australia are reduced melanin pigment and is co dom. are they the same genetically? only time will tell....

Gidday mate, I think you will find its the other way around, the colouration is what tells the difference.
It seems to be the same colours as corns than boas and balls

Don't know what to make of this thing.. At the moment I agree with Darlyn that it looks like an intestine lol but I'm sure there will be more pics of it once it has had a few sheds.

They can & will be bred without new arrivals.
Cheers
Ian

lol, coming from the same guy who still believes/preaches that "RPMs" are not founded on O/S stock...

Don't know what to make of this thing.. At the moment I agree with Darlyn that it looks like an intestine lol but I'm sure there will be more pics of it once it has had a few sheds.

lol, coming from the same guy who still believes/preaches that "RPMs" are not founded on O/S stock...

You need to get your facts right.
One does not need new arrivals to breed this. LOL.
Cheers

Junglepython2, I don't know if this is a super form or just caramel het cross albino.

I would think it might be as in to get more from the clutch as only a quarter would turn out like this when trying for a super form with het cross het you are reducing your ratios to an eighth and that is if it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back