Sexy snakes?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elapidae1

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I often read comments about snakes being sexy, particularly in relation to some desirable morphs.

Why?
How is a snake sexy?
Whats sexy about it?

I just don't get it.

It's just an expression, and I'd like to think it's not meant literally.

It isn't a term I use, but I don't mind other's using it. In fact, I even had a chuckle when a user here (Raycam ?) referred to his new enclosure as "sexy as".

but we don't call dogs, cats, fish or rabbits sexy do we? So what makes a snake sexy?

lol, i have a sexy as bulldog!!

just a term i use, sexy as car, sexy as shoes, etc... if something is good looking i call it sexy..

It's just an expression mate, don't worry yourself to much looking into it, people who say it are just saying they like the look of the animal not that they are sexually attracted to the animal.

Pretty pointless thread.

lol, i have a sexy as bulldog!!

just a term i use, sexy as car, sexy as shoes, etc... if something is good looking i call it sexy..

Bulldogs are not sexy or even cute though they are cool.
Cars and shoes can be sexy, but snakes?

It's just an expression mate, don't worry yourself to much looking into it, people who say it are just saying they like the look of the animal not that they are sexually attracted to the animal.

Pretty pointless thread.
Oh I'm not worried, just curious after all the word sexy does have sex in it and directly relates to that which people find attractive, usually in the sexual sense.
I just find it an odd choice of word. I guess I kinda understand why my Nanna didn't understand why I thought everything was wicked as a teenager. She would have probably agreed that a snake looked wicked though.

Yet you looked and commented despite miriad other pointless threads popping up on the forum on a continual basis, LOL.

I personally am physicaly attracted to
my snake!

Trouser snakes don't count.

Oh I'm not worried, just curious after all the word sexy does have sex in it and directly relates to that which people find attractive, usually in the sexual sense.
I just find it an odd choice of word. I guess I kinda understand why my Nanna didn't understand why I thought everything was wicked as a teenager. She would have probably agreed that a snake looked wicked though.

Yet you looked and commented despite miriad other pointless threads popping up on the forum on a continual basis, LOL.

lmao, dont you dare tell my bulldog he isnt sexy!!!

It's just an expression, and I'd like to think it's not meant literally.

It isn't a term I use, but I don't mind other's using it. In fact, I even had a chuckle when a user here (Raycam ?) referred to his new enclosure as "sexy as".
OMFG ma snakes are sexy as, ma bikes are sexy as,,,,, ma matey sarah is sexy as,,,,

and ma ratties are as sexy as!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG ma snakes are sexy as, ma bikes are sexy as,,,,, ma matey sarah is sexy as,,,,

and ma ratties are as sexy as!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son would say your avatar is sexy as ! :lol:

Hi heels on a good looking woman are sexy, yes? I reckon a hot chick with a rbb around her thigh would be sexy too. Hence, I would find the rbb sexy. Matter of fact....... forget the chick... I reckon they're sexy on their own:D

Hi heels on a good looking woman are sexy, yes? I reckon a hot chick with a rbb around her thigh would be sexy too. Hence, I would find the rbb sexy. Matter of fact....... forget the chick... I reckon they're sexy on their own:D
Really? Would the snake be sexy? or would the element of danger be whats actually adding to the allure/sexiness of the woman?
I like snakes and i like woman but the whole woman with snake photoshoot is not something that really appeals to me.

obviously OP never saw playboy bunnies before
Oh yeah them kinda bunnies is sexy.

The Secret Language of Symbols: Part Two

Second and third paragraphs. If you google "Serpent symbolism sexuality" there's lots more. People have been calling snakes sexy for a very long time ;)

Some interesting stuff.
But does using the snake as a symbol of sexuality make the snake itself sexy?
Some ancient art and modern Manga cartoons come to mind where snakes are or were often used quite explicitly as a phallic substitute.
The overall scene or painting may have been sexy but I'm not sure the snakes themselves were sexy.

I'm still not convinced a snake itself can be sexy.

It would seem the phallic symbolism of snakes is something that is embedded in the psyche of many blokes. On callouts men will 99% of the time greatly overestimate the size of a snake while woman are usually quite accurate.

Maybe the use of the word sexy to describe snakes is actually a result of a persons sexuality even if only subconsciously.

Hope this thread isn't crossing APS boundaries, I would like to see it continue without becoming smutty.

That's as sexy as they come ^ I'll post a pic of my sexy snake in a few days after he sheds ;)

there are cute puppies, good looking dogs then sexy beasts of animals! now a kitten is 'cute' a bug is 'meh' and a snake is PWOAHHHHHHHH
Ps i still compare people men to a 65kg Akita dog I met once. Big shoes to fill guys :p

It's more than just the phallic appearance of a snake that makes it sexy, to continue with the whole symbolism aspect of it. A straight stick with no tangents can have a phallic appearance without the same effect (minds up please, minds up lol), the twist and writhe of a snake echoes somewhat, not so much literally, but psychologically, the twist and write of erotic thought in a way. If you think about a serpents general movements: Glide, twist, tangle, slick, in particular courting rituals, one can't help but be put in mind of sex. Even the muscular combat displays are somewhat erotic.
There are some people who will subconsciously find sexuality in anything, but serpents exude it and it's not hard to spot for most people. Many erotic dances in many ancient cultures have been based on the movements of snakes. Perhaps it's that scintillating mixture of sensuality and danger? Humans are an odd bunch, to put it mildly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back