Heating a Green Tree Frog tank!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rreptiless

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am planning on buying some Green tree frogs soon but need to find a way to heat the tank i have designed. The water bowl is small therefore a water heater will not work in heating up the whole tank.

The tank is 60cm's tall. Will ceramic bulbs or Infared bulbs do any good? If so how many and what wattage?

Thanks so much,
Terry

i run heatcord under a big tile for my frog, his water bowl takes up half of that, that way he can be warm and dry, warm and wet, or cold and dry.

hes very happy with the arrangement.

when i had green tree frogs, my water was also to small so i places a small heat mat under part of the water which seemed to do a great job!
i can't remember the exact temps/ humidity but i made sure it was suitable with a few tests and recordings before i got them.
oh and they loved it aha :)

I'm currently setting up a gtf enclosure. Because it's a wooden enclosure (w/glass sliding front) I found condensation on the glass a major problem..as in not being able to see inside.This was using a water heater & heat light on one end. I've since reduced the amount of water, taken out the water heater & will simply rely on the heat light. No more hassles of condensation, however I am disappointed in losing the water feature I had designed.

Enclosures with an open mesh top/roof are better to eliminate condensation & heating the water seems to be the best means for a tropical temp....I can only assume the frogs would climb higher to cool down.

You guys are all too nice. Mine live outside on the deck with no heat and seem to do just fine.

In fact the male is sitting in the water bowl and croaking as I type.

I'm currently setting up a gtf enclosure. Because it's a wooden enclosure (w/glass sliding front) I found condensation on the glass a major problem..as in not being able to see inside.This was using a water heater & heat light on one end. I've since reduced the amount of water, taken out the water heater & will simply rely on the heat light. No more hassles of condensation, however I am disappointed in losing the water feature I had designed.

Enclosures with an open mesh top/roof are better to eliminate condensation & heating the water seems to be the best means for a tropical temp....I can only assume the frogs would climb higher to cool down.

Do you use infared heat bulbs or ceramic?

Last edited:
Does any one knows where I can get a Dainty, Red eye or common GTF?
(in SE QLD)
Thanks. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you use infared heat bulbs or ceramic?

I was using an infrared heat bulb..but suffice to say either infra or ceramic would still cause the condensation.
I have actually scrapped the wooden enclosure set-up & started another using a glass viv with a mesh top, solving all issues of condensation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back