Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds very much like a private zoo, lol
What breed of horses do you have?

2 thoroughbreds, 1 tbx wb, 1 paint, 1 d Appaloosa, 1 quarab and her foal and 1 Arab.

I can now add to the list - 1 albino olive, 2 100% het olives, 2 platinum spotties, 2 ghost children's, 1 blonde spotted and a Bredli!

Oh and the blue Staffy is pregnant!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bdca0u

x2 dimond pythons
x2 black headed monitors
x3 long neck turtles
x1 frog
x6 fish
x8 yabbies
x2 rabbits
x1 jack russell terrior
x8 ducks
x9 chickens
x2 rosellas
and x1 possum

i used to have loads more like a lamb that lived in my room for a week till my parents found out, millions of assorted tropical birds,frogs snakes lizards but i decided theres just not enuf room anymore:)

Except from the room full of snakes and the dog making a mess of my yard I have a pet crab.

They are exceptionally easy to care for. I keep it warm and walk it from my groin to my knee and back daily.

We have what we think is a zoo. Well it's almost a full time job, like a zoo! Lol

KIDS
1 x Crazy, very special little girl
1 x 42 yr old teenage husband

DOGS
German Shepard - Boni
Rotty x Ridge back - Diesel

BIRDS
Love Bird - Ben Ten

FISH
Oscar - Nigel

SNAKES
Spotted pythons - Camilla an Charlie
Stimi pythons - Pair
Bredli pythons - Pair
Coastal pythons - Kinky an Budgie

LIZARDS
Bearded dragons - Gomez an Mortisha
- Gonzo
- 2 hatchies

RATS
Feeder breeders x 36
Plus 12 x males, plus babies
Pets- Penny
- Lola
- Squeak

MICE
Feeder Breeders x 36
Plus 12 x males, plus babies

And still growing, lol lol. I'm gona have to give up work to keep everyone fed, handled and happy soon. Lol.

Just updating

12 Carpet Pythons, various with more on the way, 1 Frog, 2 Water Dragons, 1 Turtle, 3 Rats and 3 Mice, and no the rodents are not snake food.

6 Pythons, 2 dragons, 2 monitors, 1 gecko, 9 goldfish, 2 koi, 2 dogs 3 rats and about 2000 woodies lol

I keep:

2 crimson winged parrots
1 superb parrot
1 nyasa lovebird
2 scaly breasted lorikeets
2 green cheek conures
2 Nanday conures
2 princess parrots
6 cockatiels
2 kakarikis
5 king quail
5 doves
10 zebra finches
2 muscovy ducks
2 mandarin ducks
1 sulphur crested cockatoo
2 short billed corellas
1 long billed corella
4 ferrets
2 sugar gliders
1 brush tailed possum
3 eastern long necked turtles
2 bearded dragons
2 thick tailed geckos
2 pythons
4 rats

Think that is all lol

In NYC

Me big sis is an animal rescuer, so I live with: 8 dogs, 22 cats, 2 rats, 1 python, 10 lizards and 4 frogs.he
One dog, two cats and the herps are my pets.

Belvedere (2).jpgPinky & Taz.jpgPinky2.jpgTaz.jpg

Hey groundhog,how did u get your water dragon and cat so comfortable around each other?
22 cats?? i made my bf stop collecting after 3,our house is just too small

Herps and other pets.

Hey groundhog,how did u get your water dragon and cat so comfortable around each other?
22 cats?? i made my bf stop collecting after 3,our house is just too small

Believe it or don't, of the 22 cats, +/- 18 are herp-safe, and quite a few are downright herp-friendly. (Okay, maybe not with anoles or small geckos:shock:) Also, an adult water dragon will bitch-slap a cat, and the cats quickly learn to respect that tail;)

Of the 8 dogs, only one female pit has a real prey drive, everyone else is cool. 'S funny, when the male WDs bob at the female pits or rotties, the dogs move. The male rottie and pit, though, actually growl and bob back!

This is Stacy, who mothers ALL the small pets:
Stacy & Simba.jpg

This is Alf, who scared the #@% out of Taz:
Plumpy &  Alf.jpg
Worry not, Stacy kept him in line too!

Now lemme tell you about Onyx, a black cat who detests other cats but likes other pets (When I walk the dogs, she comes sans leash). One time, I could not get a frozen rat for my python, so I killed a rodent in front of her--she hissed and slapped me. I firmly said, "no" and proceeded to feed the snake--she watched in amazement. Hmnnn... About a week or so later I'm watching the ball game, and I hear, "thwap, thwap..." Onyx had dispatched a baby rat and put it on top of the python's cage! (The sound was the snake striking the top.) To this day, Onyx will not hurt a pet rat in the house, and she'll slap any cat that tries. Here in the States, we say, "go figger..."

When no one else is home, I often let the WDs--green and Aussie--free-roam; the males are more a problem for each other than are the mammalian carnivores (and again, Stacy keeps everyone in line).

Last edited:
I have rats and a snake :) Weird combination but I love them all and I have no problems feeding my snake.

5 dogs, 13 snakes, 2 beardies, 11 turtles, over 100 fish, and 6 birds

We have downsized... (old age and Butcher Birds mainly :() and I must say it's a lot more relaxed around here now. I have a puppy, my son has a Children's Python and my daughter has 2 fish in a tank... and it's EASY! Everyone responsible for their pet (I still have to help with the snake feeding and cleaning) and there's more time for other things.
I could never go pet free though... that would be weird!!!:p

green tree frog, 2 cockatiels, 2 scarlet chested parrots, 4 bourkes parrot, 6 princess parrots, quaker, budgie, jewel cichlid, kribensis cichlid, black moor goldfish, bicolour blenny, 2 ocellaris clownfish, lemonpeel angelfish, blue sea star, red starfish, tube and christmas tree worm, mouse, 2 crested guinea pigs, netherland dwarf rabbit, milky(maltease x silky) moodle.

getting blue tongue, rainforest scorpion

would love:
boydes forest dragon, eastern water dragon, palm cockatoo, woma python, black headed python, green tree python, green/common tree snake, rainbow bee eaters, fairy wrens, yellow bellied sunbirds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back