Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both these snakes breed at completely different times of the year. It's actually extremely hard for them to breed and a very time consuming process. Why would you waste your time?

Im not sure just how bad the neuro would be but i imagine it would be terrible.

Sorry, but how would it make the neuro worse exactly? It'd be no different to any other jag neuro wise. The neuro comes from the gene itself, not what mix of species are in the animal lol.

Carpondros are being bred all over the world (including Australia) every year, I'm fairly sure the breeders and owners sleep just fine. These animals are pets, they have no conservation value, just do it.

Exactly!

Well it is as illegal as having non native GTP's and people openly advertise Biaks and Jayapuras and whatever else. To be honest the authorities dont seem to care less what anyone does. No it wouldnt be a bad idea to advertise them, hypothetically ;)

So is it illegal or is it a grey area just wondering ,hypothetically if it would be a bad idea to advertise them if i had some.

As a keeper of both pure native GTP's, non pure and a carpet rpm....Why on earth would you want to mix a jungle jag with a GTP?

There is a reason mixing pure Aussies with jags is frowned upon...you get one or two spectacular bubs and a heap of ugly ducklings while polluting further whatever bloodlines you started with.

As for the legalities....am sure DECC will eventually tel you this is a big no no.

You want to experiment? At least mix them with an albino something to create something different that is native blooded...don't ruin a beautiful GTP's offspring just to get one or two eye catchers that may or may not have neuro problems. That's not even taking into consideration the size difference of a male carpet to a female GTP....or the differences in breeding the two.

Please don't :(

As a keeper of both pure native GTP's, non pure and a carpet rpm....Why on earth would you want to mix a jungle jag with a GTP?

There is a reason mixing pure Aussies with jags is frowned upon...you get one or two spectacular bubs and a heap of ugly ducklings while polluting further whatever bloodlines you started with.

As for the legalities....am sure DECC will eventually tel you this is a big no no.

You want to experiment? At least mix them with an albino something to create something different that is native blooded...don't ruin a beautiful GTP's offspring just to get one or two eye catchers that may or may not have neuro problems. That's not even taking into consideration the size difference of a male carpet to a female GTP....or the differences in breeding the two.

Please don't :(
How is mixing an albino with a gtp any worse or better than a jag i really dont see your point ,

Besides i have already thought of a sunglow albino jungle jagpondro breeding project.
Jagpondros look cool =

Attachments

• emo-2008-06-23-01.jpg
    emo-2008-06-23-01.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Jagpondros/Carpondros are definitely on my future 'to do' list :)

Besides i have already thought of a sunglow albino jungle jagpondro breeding project.
Jagpondros look cool =

good luck with that jagpondros to jagpondros produce slugs, same with carpondros....

The old cross breed convo again, greens look amazing as they are who would ever want to cross breed them make them into a mutt?

In response to Waterrat regarding GTP permits to collect and keep.

In the late 70's early 80's the following received these permits
Joe Bredl
Neil Charles
Ray Field

Some time later Bob Irwin, and collected 1 female to pair with his male.
Cairns Tropical Zoo, now known as Wild World. Also collected only 1 animal.
I presume your name was on their permit as this might have a been in the period of time you worked for them.

good luck with that jagpondros to jagpondros produce slugs, same with carpondros....

Very good point. But I'm pretty sure the back crosses are viable? So i presume to do it you would have 75% crapet and 25% GTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back