i Want a Snake ( HELP )

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilezac

Reaction score
hey im wondering if anyone has any idea how i can convince my mum into letting me get a snake i only want a spotted python to start with but i own 2 bearded dragons and a blue tongue soo i wonderinghow can i convince her please helps
p.s i was just going to go and buy one and hide it cause she dosnt come in my room where the reptiles are but i really dont want to do that idea

how old are you?
if you'll be living at home a long time might be fair to wait for her to come round to the idea. I had to prepare my mum for it for 6 years. she finally came round.

Its her house, dont force or pressure her.
Maybe take her to someone who breeds them and show her a full grown one and also a hatchie.

- ybn

how old are you?
if you'll be living at home a long time might be fair to wait for her to come round to the idea. I had to prepare my mum for it for 6 years. she finally came round.
Rissi im 17 haha it took me 7 years told finally let her get me reptile its sucks

Have her meet one, that's what turned my mum around. She met my cousins hatchy almost 5 years ago, now she has one of her own!

Its her house, dont force or pressure her.
Maybe take her to someone who breeds them and show her a full grown one and also a hatchie.

- ybn
Yeah i know tho my brother can get dogs and crap i even offered to pay part of the power bill and i done that the guy i got my lizards off breeds them i took her and showed her them he was like there cute but NO -.-' lol

Have her meet one, that's what turned my mum around. She met my cousins hatchy almost 5 years ago, now she has one of her own!
haha lucky i tryed ha

Well theres not much you can do except respect her wishes

- ybn

grrr i hate it when parents allow dogs and not snakes. i would much rather have a snake than a dog in the house. such low maintenance.
Look I hate to say this and I know I'm gonna cop it for saying but....buy it anyways?? I warned my mum for years I was gonna buy a coastal. She said no every time. but I just thought she was scared of the change. So i brought home my baby coastal and mum got over it in a day. she's still scared and to this day won't hold her (coming up to 2 years now) but she knows it makes me happier than anything else.

GUILT TRIP HER!!! hahahahahaha. nah mum's are the best don't upset them too much

Get a job and move out ;-)

ahhaha so true. I'm saving like a ninja at the moment cus i want more snakes but i don't wanna freak my mum out. never been so motivated to move out.

grrr i hate it when parents allow dogs and not snakes. i would much rather have a snake than a dog in the house. such low maintenance.
Look I hate to say this and I know I'm gonna cop it for saying but....buy it anyways?? I warned my mum for years I was gonna buy a coastal. She said no every time. but I just thought she was scared of the change. So i brought home my baby coastal and mum got over it in a day. she's still scared and to this day won't hold her (coming up to 2 years now) but she knows it makes me happier than anything else.

GUILT TRIP HER!!! hahahahahaha. nah mum's are the best don't upset them too much

thats what i tell her and yeah maybe i mean it only a spotted not like i want a huge snake

Yeah, Nagging her will only make her decision tighter.

yeah i havent asked her in like a year but when she see one she like zac no ha

That's a real shame, man. If she's so dead-set against it and you're already 17 it might just be best to wait til you move out and can do what you like. :p

You forgot the issue of keeping pinky mice in the freezer:( don't know bout her allowing mice where you keep the food for the family. Mmmm tuff one. You'll need a separate freezer. Just another added thought if you go ahead and get the stimmie.

get a small container/esky and show her that the rats/mice will be kept in there and when you put in the freezer and it will be sterile. I agree with the above, get her to know that there awesome and make sure you get one that wont bite and if it does never ever let her know. I got a bredli( 3 months old) mum loved snakes then brett decided to eat everything and my mum changed her mind about snakes until........my friend gave me his 11 yr old diamond.

Tell her it's either a snake or a cocaine addiction.....and she has a week to choose.;)

My mum HATES snakes and swore i would never get one. I now have 7....... By the way snakebytesTV on youtube have a good video/ episode on how to convice your parents. Worked for me.

get a small container/esky and show her that the rats/mice will be kept in there and when you put in the freezer and it will be sterile. I agree with the above, get her to know that there awesome and make sure you get one that wont bite and if it does never ever let her know. I got a bredli( 3 months old) mum loved snakes then brett decided to eat everything and my mum changed her mind about snakes until........my friend gave me his 11 yr old diamond.
that isnt the problem has i have one for fishing bait so i could keep them in there

My mum HATES snakes and swore i would never get one. I now have 7....... By the way snakebytesTV on youtube have a good video/ episode on how to convice your parents. Worked for me.
okay i will have a look also do u have a youtube channel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back