Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
APS at its best and people wonder why alot of the experienced keepers don't come on here anymore. This forum is meant to be a place where people can learn so that the hobby advances, yet it always turn in to fighting over nothing.

i've been keeping and breeding albino darwins for 7 years.no RI. no cancer. yet i have had 1 bredli and 2 coastals over the years die of cancer tumors (which is quite common in snakes ,as well as most other animals).
every year i have tried to breed albinos i've had 100% strike rate. in my opoinon they are the easiest to breed.the males seem toey as.
cheers
simon

Lexy,
You need to take a deep breath and calm down mate!
I would be very interested in the article myself.
Were may I get the link to read it ?
I've been breeding albino snakes for a few years now and I never had an illness.
I've heard of a few dying on some breeders and buyers etc
BUT so do diamonds, jungles etc
R.I is normally related to a dirty or cold enviroment, so i recommend checking Temps and cleaning enclosures more often.
More snakes you own the greater responsibiliy and workload looking after them !
Just my 2 cents worth,
Aleks.

I personaly know someone who breeds and sells RPM albino darwins every season I cant post pics because there not mine and he has multiple adults as well so they do exsist In private collection though they are rare and they crap all over all these half bred jags also they can cost many of thousands of dollars so that why breeders do not make them public knowledge some dishonest person will still steal them

I personaly know someone who breeds and sells RPM albino darwins every season I cant post pics because there not mine and he has multiple adults as well so they do exsist In private collection though they are rare and they crap all over all these half bred jags also they can cost many of thousands of dollars so that why breeders do not make them public knowledge some dishonest person will still steal them

Rpm and jags are the same thing. I love it when people have a b$&ch about jags, when clearly have no idea.

Last edited:
I just read the article about albino darwins. It said some male take longer to reach sexual maturity but have no reduced libido once they have reach maturity and it clearly states that there is no problems with line breeding or any genetic defects. Anyone who wants the article pm me

I just read the article about albino darwins. It said some male take longer to reach sexual maturity but have no reduced libido once they have reach maturity and it clearly states that there is no problems with line breeding or any genetic defects. Anyone who wants the article pm me

I have a male alb here that successfully sired a clutch at 18 months.Can you point me to the article please?

I ordered one of the jags from southern cross about a month ago should get him end of this month

The albino one that is

hey everyone
seen that sxr sells rpm albino darwins hatchligs
does any have pictures of and adult rpm
please post if you do
thanks

jacques92 to answer your question, there's no pics of adult RPM /Jag Albinos because they haven't reached adult age yet. mine hatched last year 13-11-2011 and from speaking to simon this was before the SXR ones hatched so from what we know this one of mine is probably the oldest Albino RPM Jag in Australia and he's not even a year old yet :D although all jags carry the neuro problem I havent seen any visual instances of it in this line so far and the albino jag and the jag het albino that I kept have been growing and feeding very well.
Albino Jag male hatched 13-11-2011
484201_4096138531656_1528637606_3403830_1229256847_n.jpg

probably most mutations when they first appear are weaker than normals. Thats why I consider it good policy to outcross a morph to normals to build up the strength and improve them. My (non jag) albinos were bred with het albinos (albino x normal) to introduce new blood into the line as most of the het albinos that have been around were from the same linage as the albinos. I will probably breed some more albinos to strong healthy normals to produce hets and continue to bring in fresh new blood to hopefully keep them strong and healthy. Ive never had any problems with albinos or hets, none have ever had RI or any other problem.

RPM coined by simon stone means Reduced Pattern Modified (or Reduced Pattern Morph) and refers to the co-dominant Jag mutation. RP stands for reduced pattern (non jag) animals. This seems very easy to understand and an easy way to distinguish a non jag RP from a jag RPM.

People who persist in calling non jag RP animals "RPM" in my opinion are misrepresenting both the facts and the truth and twisting what was generally accepted as two different meanings. Why? Who knows? But it reeks of mislabeling and misrepresenting the truth which was something people who dont like these morphs were so quick to say jag breeders would be doing. It's ironic that the only people who are mislabeling animals and misrepresenting the facts seem to be some of the non jag supporters.

opening thread post answered. thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back