Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spinksnakes

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey people..
Just wondering on what everyones opinion is on what the best python is to keep as a pet :D:D:D
Your opinion only and not what anyone else thinks
thanks

I started with diamonds and have had various morelia and ant sp over the years. I found diamonds to be the most placid and predictable. They are by far my snake of choice.

cool
honestly thats my favourite python to have.
i have a 5 y.o., and she is amazing :)

my first was a bredli which is still snappy but i love theyre colours. Hard choice though as my friend recently gave me his 11yr old diamond and its soooooooooooooo placid. Still gonna go with a hypo bredli for looks but my diamond is so easy to keep, temps low, easy feeds, doesent bite and nice colours.

1 for the womas here , there the best its that simple if you dont have a woma , get one ,there characters all round plus feeding a hungry excited woma that wiggles his tail and buzzes his head makes it all worth it much more fun for me than my coastal who just smashes it , but then again your not guaranteed to get this response my female just opens wide and eats

yeah my friend has a hypo bredli and it has really good colours. a bit snappy though

I'm only new to reptile keeping so can't give to much info but I have a Jungle and Bredli, the Bredli is the most calmest relaxed snake with nice colours, but the Jungle has so much for personality is more enjoyable to handle and looks amazing :)

For temprement I have to say coastal pythons followed by darwins

Hhhhhhhmmmm depends on what you want out of your pet and size you are happy with...

small python would have to say my Stimmies are awesome, placid as bubs through to adults. Our pygmy's are cool and something different but nowhere near as pretty to look at.

Mid range would have to say our woma's...and happily recommend these to first timers as first pythons to cut their teeth on. Pretty, especially in the rp range, small, placid, curious and easy to feed and look after. Can't really find a negative with these guys.

Larger guys would be a toss up between our olives and blackheads....both are just awesome. Olives are the most curious of gentle giants but keeping only axanthic and calico blackheads makes it a really hard decision between the two species.

1 for the womas here , there the best its that simple if you dont have a woma , get one ,there characters all round plus feeding a hungry excited woma that wiggles his tail and buzzes his head makes it all worth it much more fun for me than my coastal who just smashes it , but then again your not guaranteed to get this response my female just opens wide and eats
That is what I was going to say. I wish I never got rid of mine. They are really easy species to keep and a rewording one at that. Not aggressive at all. I could handle mine right after a feeding(I don't recommend it) with no aggression at all.

@ joemal don't you love when your baby's give you kisses.

You need to find a python that suits your needs, calm, nice to handle, good feed response and appeals to your eye.. The bonus is having so many gorgeous australian pythons to choose from. I have recently gotten into jungles and i havent been bitten, contrary to popular belief, all mine are placid but i had a woma give me a bite like the scrubby did above(not on the same scale but didnt let go for ages, nastiest snake ive ever had). Go for what you like cause there is good and bad temprements in all the breeds. See which one you like the look of then handle before buying, see if the parents are placid and enjoy!!!!

Comes down to personal preference but i would say any of the carpet python subspecies.

Joemal,scrubbies are beautiful but i dont think i would cuddle up with one...

Started with a stimmi - tiny, placid easy to handle and that was 8 years ago - still beautiful to this day
Went to jungles for black and yellow appeal - still great to handle if, handled regularly - just needs to be hooked out as cage defensive - then there's Sniper - has settled a lot but still can't handle due to the 100% strike rate - I think she likes the taste of blood - so that one's a display animal and may breed eventually.
Then there are the best of all my baby BHP's - they're so placid and easy to handle and are a magic breed. They boy is my fav... So check out what you like the look of and as people have said there are good and nasty in all breeds... check out the parents and see if the owner's handle them regularly etc.
Love all of our snakes the only thing is that they're truly addictive... have fun and happy herping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back