"BLACK PRINCESS" The Hypermelanistic Darwin Carpet python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scanning through this thread, it seems like 500 people had simultaneous orgasm. :lol:

Last edited:
Princess was a hypermelanistic darwin problem being Even If It could breed theres only one other In captivity there Incredible rare I have heard from a reliable source that this snake has since died but that may be a rumour and the only person that could confirm that Is john that owns the snake ranch as well as gosford reptile park

Princess was a hypermelanistic darwin problem being Even If It could breed theres only one other In captivity there Incredible rare I have heard from a reliable source that this snake has since died but that may be a rumour and the only person that could confirm that Is john that owns the snake ranch as well as gosford reptile park

why would it be a problem if only one was in captivity? there was only one albino darwin found (at the time) plus there is more than just one solid black darwin in captivity. it is alive and well, listen to the link....

Last edited:
around may 2010, but i sent an email to brian and he said it was still alive in january this year and still is to his knowledge

around may 2010, but i sent an email to brian and he said it was still alive in january this year and still is to his knowledge
Wouldn't it be better to get the info from Johns mouth instead of second hand info from the US. I respect Brian but it would be better to get info from closer to home.

why would it be a problem if only one was in captivity? there was only one albino darwin found (at the time) plus there is more than just one solid black darwin in captivity. it is alive and well, listen to the link....

Hypermelanism is polygenic I think? So, unlike albinos, which could reproduce the mutation within two generations, hypermelanistic would take much longer. That's my understanding anyway

Hypermelanism is polygenic I think? So, unlike albinos, which could reproduce the mutation within two generations, hypermelanistic would take much longer. That's my understanding anyway

As the darwin in question is so strikingly different to a wild type there is a fair chance it will be monogenic like the hypermel blue tongues. Or it could possibly be not genetic at all.

I have this hyper melanistic male he does have dark chocolate colored banding and seems to get darker out of season ,but is definitely the darkest nt carpet i have seen besides the female one in this thread.

Attachments

• DSC00952.JPG
    DSC00952.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 642
Good news snake ranch have announced (another forum so no link but PM if you want it) that they have got a clutch out of The Black Princess, hopefully everything goes well with incubation and they can prove this project out. Cant wait to see how this project pans out.
Black Princess.jpg

What a pretty princess even if her offspring are half as nice as her it would be wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back