Coastal carpet python has finally shed!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moreliamanic

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So after months of my coastal carpet python holding its skin and it darkening in colour, she has finally shed! Can't be happier with the colours she is producing :)
2012-07-15 16.27.35-1.jpg

Oh my gosh I'm having this issue now. My girl is really taking her time. Like I know she's slowed down heaps cus of vic temps (hasn't been interested in food either) but sheesh I'm dying to know her new look.

Yours is beautiful!!!! I love the browns on them and the black outlines. How old is she?

Lovely snake!
Thanks for sharing and congrats on the shed!!

Hmmmmmmmm true that, looking more like a yellowish jungle!

Either way, very pretty! I am currently waiting for my Bredli to Shed...His been dull for 3 weeks. Taking his time! I might give him a warm shower tonight!

Oh my gosh I'm having this issue now. My girl is really taking her time. Like I know she's slowed down heaps cus of vic temps (hasn't been interested in food either) but sheesh I'm dying to know her new look.

Yours is beautiful!!!! I love the browns on them and the black outlines. How old is she?

The anticipation is insane! Mine surprisingly kept up her feeding, didn't even miss one. She actually has no brown, its more of a khaki green/yellow outlined by black, very interesting colours on her. She is so beautiful, isn't she :D she's roughly 16 months.

She got sold to my partner and I as a coastal carpet. We do have suspicions that she has jungle in her, due to the obvious yellow and striping.

Last edited:
I think you might find thats a bit more of a jungle in there....if not you have a very special and rare coastal carpet!

Thats a jungle for sure look at the pattern and the head its got a jungle head on it.

Yeah i was thinking the head was very jungle too.

It's good she fed all the way through. Mine hasn't because she's about to shed and got a bit cold a couple of mornings.
She's only missed 2 weeks so I think tonight will be successful.

Haha yes the suspense is killing me I'll add pics when she does.

Thats a jungle for sure look at the pattern and the head its got a jungle head on it.

This made me giggle. She's a coastal carpet python. Yes, she may have jungle in her, even I thought that when I first got her because I couldn't believe the colouring. But, Her breeding history says coastal carpet, so I'm going with that. Her siblings looked a lot more "original coastal" you could say, but this baby had very unique colouring and patterns. She definitely stood out from the batch and this is why we picked her.

FINALLY hahaha they must be on a similar time schedule:

P1040333.jpg P1040352.jpgP1040330.jpg P1040339.jpgP1040343.jpg

I just kept patting her haha thats why she went back in her tank. You can see in the second pic she's like "you're not gonna touch me again are you?"

Last edited:
Thanks jonez...getting there still skinny though hahaha. At least she don't look fat I guess.

Haha ye the costals do get pretty plum aye? Also i hope u finished cleaning ya room!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back