HELP - New Enclosure Build - Glass Door Size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneb

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all I'm building a new enclosure & I have fitted the plastic glass track to the enclosure, large track on top. I have a distance between the inside of the track (I.E. the opening area) of 481mm, what size glass doors do I need to order? Is there a guide that I should work too? I 'guesstimated' that I would need them 491mm high which would allow for the glass to sit inside the track comfortably?

My friend suggested to me ages ago to add 8mm and that seems to work for me. It can basically be anywhere between the size of the opening and the size of the opening minus the depth of the upper track (if that makes sense) as long as you can fit the panel in without it falling out.

Measure from the inside of the top track to the top of the bottom track. Then you'll be able to slide it into the top track first and drop it into the bottom. the top track should be deeper than the bottom...

There should have been a graphic guide inside the package.
(if you've lost it) go back to shop, open another one and check inside.

I've just built a 4ft myself and had similar issue (I dumped packaging before realizing guide was inside)

I'm 100% sure you measure from bottom of bottom track to very top of top track (where they're affixed). It's much easier this way.

(What I cant remember very well is) - then you deduct 8mm.

Even if you go to your local Bunnings or Masters they sell exactly the same, so you can double check it.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There should have been a graphic guide inside the package.
(if you've lost it) go back to shop, open another one and check inside.

Thanks mate. My issue is I got the track from my glass supplier & it came in bulk, hence no packaging or instructions.

Give them a call. They're the best to advise you exactly the size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Measure from the inside of the top track to the top of the bottom track. Then you'll be able to slide it into the top track first and drop it into the bottom. the top track should be deeper than the bottom...
do what he said a glazier will tell you the same (i was one)

theres a different method that can be used by measuring the entire length of the opening without the tracks in and then some mathematics deducting the bottom tracks height and a slight bit more (like 1-2mm) depending on the type of tracks used but the way that has been said in the above quote would be much easier for you imo but the glass most definitely slides up into the top track first than down into the bottom allowing the top to be held in place still if its the right length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back