The First Sunglow Carpet Python in the World

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by junglepython2
So am I right in saying it is a super caramel, albino?
Yes you are.

Has anyone come up with the quote or preeching that i have suposedly done yet? LMAO

It is just a caramel albino as it was bred with a male caramel het paired with an albino female. Had it been a super caramel the only way this year to have produced a super caramel albino would have been a caramel het to a caramel het but the females here are not old enough to breed yet for this.

Originally Posted by junglepython2
So am I right in saying it is a super caramel, albino?

It is just a caramel albino as it was bred with a male caramel het paired with an albino female. Had it been a super caramel the only way this year to have produced a super caramel albino would have been a caramel het to a caramel het but the females here are not old enough to breed yet for this.

So now it is not a Sunglow?
Cheers
Ian

Yes you are.

Has anyone come up with the quote or preeching that i have suposedly done yet? LMAO

So now it is not a Sunglow?
Cheers
Ian

As it is a first time for breeding this morph mix it can be called a sunglow or whatever the person naming it wants to call it. It is just not a SUPER sunglow.

I am surprised there are no post shed pictures yet? Hopefully they will come soon and then we can see how it develops over time and see if it is worth making some in the future .

Last edited:
Great looking snake but get on you tube and all the overseas herpers esp in the states would love to be able to get their hands on our natural run of the mill true blue aussie snakes, its a personal preferance and each to their own but i personally prefer our snakes in their naturally occuring state, would hate to end up like the states and the only thing herpers are keeping are the weird and wonderful morfs....whats the long term future hold for our own breeds if we go to that extreme....ie the life span or health issues that they dont currently have....this is just my opinion coz i prefer my colection to look like what you may find as a general rule out in the wild, we are hobbiest not scientist....i got my licence by handing over $60 and giving the DSE my personal details...im not a genetic scientist.....dont get me wrong i love looking at the wild stuff some of our herpers are achieving their beautiful but should we be playing god?

So going back a bit, want to explain what a caramel Het is? What is it, a paternless or rpm Het or something?

Whoops; 3 hours sleep + distractions + misreading/understanding terminology = misinformation :oops:
Don't mind me, just go about your business :lol::p

Last edited:
And so we enter the new era of the hobby, the part where we screw it from the inside out.....well done.

Don't worry miss read it same old bs

Last edited:
Great looking snake but get on you tube and all the overseas herpers esp in the states would love to be able to get their hands on our natural run of the mill true blue aussie snakes, its a personal preferance and each to their own but i personally prefer our snakes in their naturally occuring state, would hate to end up like the states and the only thing herpers are keeping are the weird and wonderful morfs....whats the long term future hold for our own breeds if we go to that extreme....ie the life span or health issues that they dont currently have....this is just my opinion coz i prefer my colection to look like what you may find as a general rule out in the wild, we are hobbiest not scientist....i got my licence by handing over $60 and giving the DSE my personal details...im not a genetic scientist.....dont get me wrong i love looking at the wild stuff some of our herpers are achieving their beautiful but should we be playing god?

And what does this have to do with a sunglow????

Caramel het is a caramel het albino.
That doesn't really tell me much, I know what a Het for Albino is, as I have one myself. Exactly what is a caramel Het, what does it look like, how is it created, what kind of genetics are involved, thats the sort of info I meant. I only ask as my Het is caramel/orange coloured and is an rpm or hypo if you want to use that word. If there is a possibility she may have these caramel Het genes then I'd like to know a little more about and it would explain to me why I paid so much for her from Snake Ranch.

That doesn't really tell me much, I know what a Het for Albino is, as I have one myself. Exactly what is a caramel Het, what does it look like, how is it created, what kind of genetics are involved, thats the sort of info I meant. I only ask as my Het is caramel/orange coloured and is an rpm or hypo if you want to use that word. If there is a possibility she may have these caramel Het genes then I'd like to know a little more about and it would explain to me why I paid so much for her from Snake Ranch.

Caramel is co-dominant so, unlike albino which is recessive, a het will show the trait. That means that there is also a homo form (aka super) which looks different again. This can be compared to jags where the hets are the jags we all know and love and the supers are leucistic. So it is created by breeding a caramel (het) with either another caramel or wild type.
When you said "rpm or hypo if you want to use that word." I think you are confused (or I've misinterpreted). Hypo and jag are two different morphs. Caramel is another name for hypo (I think) but neither have anything to do with jags. From reading this thread, I've gathered that the "sunglow" morph is a combination of both the caramel morph and albino morph. So it could be albino (homo) + caramel (het) or albino + super caramel (homo). I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong though.
I hope that helps and hasn't just confused things even more.

Thanks for that! this was what I was after. In terms of hypo/rpm, I was using the fact that hypomelanistic and reduced patterns can visually seen and was comparing that to the patternless animal in the first post. The only info I had on caramels was told to me by Simon Stone of SXR, but those were Coastals and this is a Darwin, different animal. Good luck with future breeding projects. How much you think they will retail for?

When will someone produce a super caramel het albino rpm jag bumblebee hypo melanistic green tree python, I'll pay good money for it.

You know, not trying to nitpick, but I always thought that 'sunglow' was a type of Coastal carpet morph, because as far as I knew only Coastals had the appparent caramel gene. I know someone has explained what the caramel gene in Darwins in here to me before, but I'm still hung on the whole coastals caramel gene thing.

When will someone produce a super caramel het albino rpm jag bumblebee hypo melanistic green tree python, I'll pay good money for it.

you do realise a combination of the morphs above would probably produce the normal color form? well not for a GTP anyway but you get the idea :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back