Psycho snake plz help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Geeza

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
My never bitten calm as Male Stimi has gone crazy...came home today and its coiling up stricking at everything that moves wiggling its tail and flattening its body...there r no husbandry changes ...can anyone shed some light on whats going on cause im seriouse this snake has gone PSYCHOView attachment 259361View attachment 259360

id cover up the enclosure with a towel or something to darken the enclosure.
Also double check that all temps etc are fine and perhaps give your snake a feed?

His one pissed off snake. Does he need a shed? Is everything working in his tank...heating, lighting, is he hungry? etc etc? Any animals that could of stressed him out?
I would suggest covering him completely up and leaving him for a solid 24-48 hours in the dark!
Then maybe have an attempt and get it out and see what happens. Stimmies are only small...the bite isn't fatal ;)

Maybe sexual maturity herd that causes them to go abit crazy! But maybe try just covering the enclosure for abit

I have coverd him up and im leaving him to get over it...he in top enclosure so only sees peoples heads and always been the tamest of snakes

When my placid Stimmi started to have a bit of a go, it was purely an indication it was time to up the food size. Went from 1 velvet rat to 2 and she was happy again

When my placid Stimmi started to have a bit of a go, it was purely an indication it was time to up the food size. Went from 1 velvet rat to 2 and she was happy again
Been off food for a while and once a fortnight i offer food but its the cooler weather...did same last yr..im not worried about not feeding...ive been bitten by my jungle (tho my fault as was during feeding and i got distracted) and hes a little flighty at times but jeeeez this Stimi was going MENTAL like a chain saw :shock:
...Ive covered him and he now stalking me out from his hide on his heatmat...guna leave alone for couple days c how we go...But if anyone else has experienced this plz add to thread cause im interested to c whats going on....Be honest the mature thingy is ringing some alarm bells...

Maybe sexual maturity herd that causes them to go abit crazy! But maybe try just covering the enclosure for abit
u may be right as im thinking down these lines but he was going crazy like he lost his mind

Last edited:
ditto sex mad crazy snake mines doing same thing give him a girlie to keep him happy
My girlie is only a hatchie lol.....but now i know hes on heat as ive had him covered up for few hrs and i decided to put temp probes in enclosure and he popped out and came up me arm and we r back to normal...jeeeez he was sumat else a few hrs ago....thanks to all for yur replies ...i think i panicked as not seen this behaviour before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back