Jon Lord Dead

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah this is sad. Awesome keyboardist and musician

Goodnight sweet prince !

[video=youtube_share;LRt3PIDER94]http://youtu.be/LRt3PIDER94[/video]

Rip Jon Lord. He gets to hang out with Dio now.

RIP Jon Lord.
I saw Deep Purple live with Free and Manfred Mann, many years ago. I think it was the first concert I ever went to.

I'm really behind the news - I've been so caught up with work and other stuff that the first I hear of one of my favourite (of all time) bands - and definitely my favourite keyboardist has died...

Child in time has been in my top 10 of all time songs for a very long time - it's well above the likes of stairway and other 'rock classics' - and this was one of Lords' great accomplishments.

At 71 he lived a relatively long life, and I am sure he had a lot of fun getting there.

Well, I better dust off my DP Anthology CDs (lost all my vinyls :( ) and smash out a bit of child in time...

I loved the sound of his Hammond.

Oh hush now Fuscus, I bet his wife, who was a strange kind of woman, or was she from Tokyo, will deal with all the funeral proceedings.

R I P JL, quality tinkler..........
HUSH slim, he truly was a CHILD IN TIME, ANY FULE KNOW THAT, NEVER BEFORE, has there been such a STORMBRINGER on the ivories, I too would love him to BURN on the Lake Geneva shoreline, and recreate that SMOKE ON THE WATER.......sorry to the Purple fans for shouting the obvious!
Child in time, in my top 5................:)

would I lie to you, give me more time, now you're gone, It will take me all night long to catch the rainbow....
anyway, long live rock "n" roll..............................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back