python holding its breath

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
How long can a python hold its breath?

my baby darwin curls up on the bottom of his water bowl with his head submerged all the time, no nostrils out or anything, fully submerged.
he does it for so long that i get bored of watching and end up forgetting and doing other things.

the first time i pulled him out in a panic and he released a whole load of air,...so im assuming he knnows what hes doing,...

does my coastal does that she can stay under water for some time

great, thanks for the links! :)

i wont worry till he passes hte half hour mark then!!

If you warm the water it will reduce the time it spends underwater... it's temperature related :) Warmth = increased metabolism = increased need for oxygen...

Jamie

so completely off topic, and i know this isnt the place to ask but cant work out whats happened... since upgrading my membership on this site so im able to sell, ive lost the ability to post new threads. obviously i havent, but it appears i have. has the site changed the last couple of weeks? i cant even find my previous threads... can someone possibly direct me to where i need to go to access

thanks Jamie, yeah, that does make sense re the temp,...might experiment with some ice cubes in his bowl, (JOKING!!) :p

so completely off topic, and i know this isnt the place to ask but cant work out whats happened... since upgrading my membership on this site so im able to sell, ive lost the ability to post new threads. obviously i havent, but it appears i have. has the site changed the last couple of weeks? i cant even find my previous threads... can someone possibly direct me to where i need to go to access

Please submit a ticket here to get the matter dealt with, posting in other peoples thread off topic wont get the matter sorted out ... so click the link thanks
http://www.aussiepythons.com/support/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back