Is this python worth its price tag? Opinions needed.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moreliamanic

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Found this little guy for sale. What do you all think? Its being sold as a hypo coastal carpet python. IMO it looks almost "jaggish" and "pepperish" because or its light colouring, reduced pattern and jaguar pattern. I'm in no way an expert of Jags as I tend to keep to pure breeds. I just like this little guy! and IMO its price tag is fairly cheap in comparison to other similar looking snakes I've seen.

All opinions welcome! :)

Picture has been removed due to few people getting upset for supposed infringements. If you are an expert or enthusiast in hypo jag breeds, please comment and i shall pm you.

Last edited:
...IMO its price tag is fairly cheap...

You answered your own question. If you like it and you're willing to pay whatever the price tag says, then it's worth it. As the old saying goes - "an animal is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it"
That's just my opinion anyway.

A lot of coastals look 'hypo' when they are young, but look normal when they get older. Unless it's from a proven hypo line, i wouldn't count on it staying like that. But if you think it looks nice, is something you want, and in your price range then go for gold =p.

if you don't think its worth it straight away then it probably isn't worth it to you, wait and find something even more awesomeness !!:lol:

You answered your own question. If you like it and you're willing to pay whatever the price tag says, then it's worth it. As the old saying goes - "an animal is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it"
That's just my opinion anyway.

This is exactly what I was just discussing with my partner! I will probably end up with him, regardless ;) Our collection is just growing too fast, not that that's a bad thing! For our wallet, well that's another story! I am just wondering if I'll be able to get one like this guy later on down the track for a similar price.

He's going for $200, as I've always stuck to pure breeds and have never bought or looked in to buying something like this, I'm lost.

Others generally cant put a value and say whether something is 'worth it' for you- only you can- if you like the snake, are willling to pay the asking price, and its worth it to YOU, then get it... For example some people will pay top dollar for some black headed pythons, but to me they are 'worthless' because they dont appeal to me, if that makes sense. Unless of course its say a standard bredli and they're asking $1000... in that case it probably isn't 'worth' it in the usual sense...

Edit- damn, didnt read properly- just noticed Sax already said the same thing, but perhaps much simpler lol

Others generally cant put a value and say whether something is 'worth it' for you- only you can- if you like the snake, are willling to pay the asking price, and its worth it to YOU, then get it... For example some people will pay top dollar for some black headed pythons, but to me they are 'worthless' because they dont appeal to me, if that makes sense. Unless of course its say a standard bredli and they're asking $1000... in that case it probably isn't 'worth' it in the usual sense...

Edit- damn, didnt read properly- just noticed Sax already said the same thing, but perhaps much simpler lol

if you don't think its worth it straight away then it probably isn't worth it to you, wait and find something even more awesomeness !!:lol:

I do think it's worth it, as I can't stop wanting him! aha.

hey Jaye. If you were wanting some really nice snakes for a great price. Trying contact Larks. He is in SA and breeds some of the best snakes around mate and for a good price :) Your snake is nice looking though.

A lot of coastals look 'hypo' when they are young, but look normal when they get older. Unless it's from a proven hypo line, i wouldn't count on it staying like that. But if you think it looks nice, is something you want, and in your price range then go for gold =p.

Do they? I've gotten in contact with the seller and questions on his breed line will be the next thing I ask. I want a solid and proven line before I buy. How much does a hypo coastal usually go for?

You might want to be careful posting other peoples pics of other people's snakes then asking everyone if they think the price is reasonable. Some breeders would be rightfully peeved with this.

hey Jaye. If you were wanting some really nice snakes for a great price. Trying contact Larks. He is in SA and breeds some of the best snakes around mate and for a good price :) Your snake is nice looking though.

Thanks, Poggle. Will give him a PM :) nice for $200?

Thanks, Poggle. Will give him a PM :) nice for $200?

I think yes it is.

If you want a proven line though. I have bought many snakes off Larksy and get them sent to qld for my breeding selection, all i do is ring him with a rough idea of what i am chasing and he always supplies me with snakes i couldve only dreamed of. Definately worth contacting him before buying else where (sorry other adelaide pplz). Cant give this bloke enough praise but. Tell him Michael recommended him to you :) have a look at some of the snakes he has produced @ www.moreliamagic.com

You might want to be careful posting other peoples pics of other people's snakes then asking everyone if they think the price is reasonable. Some breeders would be rightfully peeved with this.

I didn't even think of this. But as a potential customer, a novice and new to buying this kind of python, I think I have every right. With good intentions only, I am just looking for an insight and peoples opinion.

Lol $200, you guys have it so good over there.
you can't buy any snakes for $200 in WA let alone worry if it's a good price or not.
If they ever open the gates to python imports here, people will be over that stuff like a rash.

Kevin Welch @ VHS had some for $120...
I almost got one from him, but in the end my son had chosen a Woma.

It may pay off to contact him?
He's a really nice guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't even think of this. But as a potential customer, a novice and new to buying this kind of python, I think I have every right. With good intentions only, I am just looking for an insight and peoples opinion.

Your'e better to PM trusted friends for an opinon rather then repost pics without permission and question the worth of someone elses animal on a public forum. I doubt anyone will care about a $200 coastal but a GTP or Jag breeder with big $$ on there animals may not take to it too kindly.

hi, i do know where this python comes from and i can tell you exactly what it is, coz i have 2 of its sibs. i have had them a few months now.

it took me quite a while to work out what they are exactly. they are not jags but sibs from a caramel coastal jag x high yellow jungles. the breeder lives in St Mary's. he didn't seem very truthful when selling them "gave the impression he didn't know much about the genetics at all" but I'm satisfied.

ill post a few pics on here soon and you will see why.

Last edited:
hi, i do know where this python comes from and i can tell you exactly what it is, coz i have 2 of its sibs. i have had them a few months now.

it took me quite a while to work out what they are exactly. they are a caramel coastal jag x high yellow jungles. the breeder lives in St Mary's. he didn't seem very truthful when selling them "gave the impression he didn't know much about the genetics at all" but I'm satisfied.

ill post a few pics on here soon and you will see why.[/QUOTE

Hey there :) how are they going?! I got this impression too, hence the thread. Pictures would be great! Thanks.

Your'e better to PM trusted friends for an opinon rather then repost pics without permission and question the worth of someone elses animal on a public forum. I doubt anyone will care about a $200 coastal but a GTP or Jag breeder with big $$ on there animals may not take to it too kindly.

Exactly, its a $200 hypo coastal not a GTP, the breeder also does not seem to confident on the specific breed, as someone has already experienced, so I'll take my chances. I'd rather have peace of mind than worry about posting a picture on the internet that is already on the internet with no copy right or business trade mark. I am awaiting reply from the breeder, if he's "peeved" it will only take one click and this thread will be gone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back