Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
for me would have to be Inlands! ive had my pair for 4 years and have never bitten! eat fantasticly and are never aggressive!

Black headed pythons for sure. Their really easy to feed, great temperaments if you handle them enough, survivors and their very pretty with a fair few colour and pattern variety's.

Out of the carpets I would say Murray Darlings and Gammons would tend to have a great % of hatchlings that develop into nice to handle animals.
I personally prefer BHP's as there are less variations in character with them. They nearly all act the same. Carpets can go from dog tame to pyscotic, even from the same clutch lol

I just got my first snake a few weeks back which is a Diamond Python.. awesome animal, easy as to look after, super placid. Would recommend.

Jungles! That being said, that's my opinion. I tend to leave my pythons alone and don't handle them constantly... Love their colors and hey, what's wrong with a snake that's a little feisty! Makes things more interesting!

There are bad pythons????

I have a Mac and he's great, I love my mates BHP and Woma and another mate has the most gorgeous Olive... If size isn't an issue any of the four would be in my collection. I know a couple of people, not close friends though, with Bredli and hear they are great but I haven't actually handled one.

If you're new, you should go with a more "bombproof" species, ie any Antaresia (spotteds, stimmies), or coastals, womas and Murray Darlings. Things like diamonds require different heating/food (and that's fine if you've done the research for them!) and in my experience jungles tend to be nervous and very wound up. I wouldn't recommend a jungle purely because I think they're one of those snakes that need to be left alone (versus everything else which seems to deal with handling just fine).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back