Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some if my babies

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342267458317.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342267458317.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 366
Heres an updated photo of my little ackie. His pattern is starting to change over the last couple of weeks. The photo is taken through the fly screen lid so its not the best to see his colours. He had just crawled out to warm up so i didnt want to bother him to much.
IMG_6212.jpg
Also does anyone have any rough weights and lengths for these guys at 6 months and 12 months. I just want too see if my little guys is growing well.
Thanks

Some of my new babies from P. Krauss. Pics taken as I was unpacking them the night of my birthday when I received them. Pretty cool birthday for me! :)

One of 3 little mertens hatchies. Less than 2 weeks old in this pic.
560879_10151085567802498_1313338151_n.jpg

4 panoptes hatchies. Also less than 2 weeks old in the pic.
205416_10151085567627498_1536570091_n.jpg

Some of my new babies from P. Krauss. Pics taken as I was unpacking them the night of my birthday when I received them. Pretty cool birthday for me! :)

One of 3 little mertens hatchies. Less than 2 weeks old in this pic.
560879_10151085567802498_1313338151_n.jpg

4 panoptes hatchies. Also less than 2 weeks old in the pic.
205416_10151085567627498_1536570091_n.jpg
Love the colors on the mertins.

so i was holding my lacey today and he completely covered me head to toe in piss does this happen often
i felt like i was holding my scrubbie haha

...he dosent really like bein handled but i working on it
The way to work on it with lacies is to not hold them, but to encourage them to develop trust on their own. The best analogy I can think of is this: If you wanted to teach a wild possum to come down from a tree, sit on your lap and take food from your fingers, you wouldn't climb the tree, grab the possum and hold it until it stopped struggling. You'd slowly encourage it to lose fear of you through food and gradual desensitisation. If it sees you every day and you don't grab it, it'll soon figure out that you're not a threat. If you grab it every time it sees you, it will just learn to fear you more.

Great advice!

How do you overcome that though when they need to be taken out for cleaning etc?

Yer thats def good advice crocdoc
i dont get him out very much but when i do it be nicefor him to come easly haha

How do you overcome that though when they need to be taken out for cleaning etc?
1. I spot clean my lace monitor enclosures. There's way too much substrate in there to replace entirely very often.
2. If they're under a hide spot, I clean everywhere else but under that hide spot and leave them alone.

If they need to be removed, I do it early in the morning when they are cool. I lift them out of the enclosure and place them straight into a large tub. When cleaning is done, I lift the lid off the tub and hold it tilted to the enclosure door. They just climb out the tub and back into the enclosure. A quick, gentle 2 minute handle wont mess their head up.

Thanks guys.
I try to avoid cleaning with my sandy in there cos he's too curious. He sees the tools I use to remove his poop and runs over to investigate. He'll bite it a few times, wait, then try to eat it again. He's tried to eat the poop I'm taking out lol.

Back