Cranky snake after shed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

silent36

Reaction score
Is it normal for my 8 foot jungle to be cranky still a day after he has had his shed this is the first time ive experienced it since i had him as normaly he is placid as anything

cheers

cranky? jungle? nuf said!
haha but yeah after a shed my snake won't come out to play for a couple of days. wouldn't worry. how old is he?

There skin is super sensitive after a shed u usually give em a few days before handling! But ye its also a jungle so.…

There skin is super sensitive after a shed u usually give em a few days before handling! But ye its also a jungle so.…
i dont wait after they shed to handle them , i handle them straight away and check if its a good shed and if theres any skin left i remove it , its fine to do so aswell what happens in the wild , there moving over sharp sticks and rocks at times whilst there shedding , my hands are smoother than a rock

If I notice any of my Snakes haven't shed properly I will handle them to inspect and gently rub the area that was prooving diffivult to get off (with wet fingers). Otherwise I'll just pick them up and soak the area in their water bowl for a while.

One of my MDs had a tiny bit of shed left on his tail and after giving him some assistance it was off by the next morning.

Edit: I recently got a Jungle that has been very calm and never looked like it wanted to bite. I hope things stay that way.

Last edited:
Is it normal for my 8 foot jungle to be cranky still a day after he has had his shed this is the first time ive experienced it since i had him as normaly he is placid as anything

cheers

Question answered. :lol:

Sorry couldn't help myself... maybe just a bad day, maybe your hands smelled funny? My guy got cranky the other day after I had worked on the motorbike and even though I washed my hands with soap they must still have smelled a bit of oil or petrol.

HUNGRY :)
Maybe?

he hasnt eatin in about a month i tried feeding him just before but he didnt take it so i dunno before his shed time he was the best handling snake you could imagine now he is out for blood

Def hungry. Make sure the food is hot enough, they'll refuse if it's starting to cool, which it does very fast in these temps

he hasnt eatin in about a month i tried feeding him just before but he didnt take it so i dunno before his shed time he was the best handling snake you could imagine now he is out for blood

Yeah as said above...make the food nice and warmish hotish :) Also turn the lights off in the enclosure (maybe that might help) and ensure that the temps in the tank are hot otherwise they won't want to eat (happy to snap) but if its not hot enough they won't be able to digest properly!

Yeh the temps are runing fine using ceramic heat lamp and thermostate for a cold and hot end i just hope he doesnt stay like this

He won't.

Bad comparison (or spot on depending how your look at it :p ) but women certain times throughout the month become all hormonal and snappy too mate :p

He won't.

Bad comparison (or spot on depending how your look at it :p ) but women certain times throughout the month become all hormonal and snappy too mate :p
Death wish perhaps Skelhorn....
Brace yourself haha

U said HIM? off food maybe he just HORNEY?...learnt this yesterday on a thread i posted about my Placid as Stimi that went mental......:lol:

Now that you've added how long since he ate I would amend my answer to 'Feed the poor bugger!' I always feed mine straight (as soon as practical) after a shed and he always smashes what comes on offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back