Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First one for me was my adult marbled gecko (Sticky) that I lost outside, found him a few days later sneaking back into the house, second was my smallest water dragon (Rascal) who went missing during a feed and I found him 2 days later in the shower lol
Thought you were going to say you found him in your bearded dragon poop

- ybn

My stimmy got out when i put her in her new enclosure a few months ago, she was missing within the first hour of being in there, we turned the house upside down looking, then happened to notice she was underneath the enclosure haha

lost my Stimmy got out June 2010, then was found by a 2yo next door July 2011. glad to have her home. had 9 eggs in december 2011. wonder who the dad was. lol.

I have had 3 escapes but none have been gone long.

The first was because I didn't close the door properly and I found her on top of the enclosure over the heat source. she was only out for a few hours.

The second was again because I didn't close the click clack lid properly. There was no real use searching my room as it was a mess and the snake was tiny ( i know I probably should have looked harder). I sealed all the doors so the snake couldn't escape the room and I would do a better search the next day. Anyway I put the enclosure on the floor with the heat mat and went to bed. Lo and behold in the morning the snake was curled up on the heat mat. So I put the lid on properly and put it back where it should be.

The final escape came when the snake was strong enough to push the wire cover open enough to get through. I always thought it might happen one day but also thought it might hurt so the snake wouldn't continue. Anyway I came back into my room just was he was going round a corner out of view so I pick him up and swapped the lid with another I had prepared earlier but never used because I didn't like the position of the opening. Now it seems so natural.

All three escapes have been with different snakes. I have been lucky with my experiences, I Don't know what I would do if any disappeared for any length of time. I live a unit so I guess I would hear pretty quickly if they got outside.

I underestimated the ability of my stimi to escape. so three days after I got her she was gone. I stopped looking after my neighbour told me her neighbour had put a shovel through it thinking it was a baby brown snake. I didn't see the remains but I didn't think any more of it. Anyway two weeks ago 7 months later my other neighbour called me over and who was at the bottom of the wood pile. My girl. I was so glad to see her and now I have a great respect for their escaping ability.

Ive only had my stimmi escape, but he did it twice. the first time, the lid of his tank had warped, and didnt click in properly (since been fixed), It was 10 minutes before I was due to leave for work, I tore the room apart, and he was about a metre away, on a shelf, coiled up behind a box.

Then one morning I walked in to see him climbing round a candle holder that I had on top of his tank. the latch on the door had broken and I hadn't noticed. but as well as the candle holder, he'd managed to wrap himself round my slinky. was fun getting him outta that. Needless to say he has a new tank now.

Had my juvi BHP escape his click clack once. I was totally devastated thought I would never find him. Mum found him the next day in the bathroom going berserk, she won't go near him now. Poor lil fella was terrified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back