Wat would u do

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonez

Reaction score
So lets say hypothetical if ur dog happened to smash the glass on the front of ur python enclosure and u only had a plastic storage tub wat would u do?

Btw this is not hypothetically did just happen Btw i dont have a heat mat

Tube will be fine as long as it hasn't just eaten a matt tomorrow will not worry it

I would stick the dog in a the tub and secure it (with breathe holes), then I would stick the snake in a pillow case and tie it closed with a shoelace. Get the glass fixed tomorrow and then return the snake too its enclosure. Release the dog once he has thought about what he did wrong and apologises.

Last edited:
Is your enclosure on the floor, or is your dog a jumper?
Or did you do it and you're blaming the dog?

Haha doubt i will put the dog in a tub she is worth more than half of the members full collections on here but she is just a pup (7 months) and she has just figured out how to slide the door open and she loves running around in the house and just slid into the enclosure which sits next to the couch on the floor.. But all is good i found a piece of perspect that i cut to fit till i get the glass

Haha doubt i will put the dog in a tub she is worth more than half of the members full collections on here but she is just a pup (7 months) and she has just figured out how to slide the door open and she loves running around in the house and just slid into the enclosure which sits next to the couch on the floor.. But all is good i found a piece of perspect that i cut to fit till i get the glass

Just remember Perspex has a fair amount of give to it so snakey can push against it and bend it pretty easy

I would stick the dog in a the tub and secure it (with breathe holes), then I would stick the snake in a pillow case and tie it close with a shoelace. Get the glass fixed tomorrow and then return the snake too its enclosure. Release the dog once he has thought about what he did wrong and apologises.

I'm surprised you don't want it to organise a cuppa first up and maybe throw on a few loads of washing while it's at it. :)

She is a german shepard. And ye lucky she just head butted it and didnt put her legs throu it. And the snake was tucked away in his hide.

I would definitely be upgrading the impact resistance of your glass if I were you. Shepherds learn quick but pups are notoriously clumsy.

Blue

how is that dog worth more than half of some of our collections lol
I know i dont have a huge collection and i know half would cover it pretty well haha

ahahahahahahahahaha shoulda gone the Akita Jonez!
actually that woulda probably smashed the whole thing....hrm

how is that dog worth more than half of some of our collections lol
I know i dont have a huge collection and i know half would cover it pretty well haha

Well you know the variability goes from one snake up to hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of reptiles. So if you're talking half the people on this website you go with the more common half, average out the collection is say, 3 snakes 2 beardies, half that value... the dogs worth $200 max?

Well you know the variability goes from one snake up to hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of reptiles. So if you're talking half the people on this website you go with the more common half, average out the collection is say, 3 snakes 2 beardies, half that value... the dogs worth $200 max?
U show me a german shepherd with a 50 year defect free blood line. With world champion trackers. For 200 buck and ill buy every last one mate..

I had a similar problem - except it wasn't a dog that broke the enclosure it was my daughter... I was lucky though, I had a huge enclosure with another similar sized coastal - so those two lived together until I built an even huger enclosure (no glass).

Cairns was also not a worry with heating - so I guess you've got minor issues.

However... Plastic tubs are very easy to make and use as temporary enclosures - even without a heat mat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back