NEED HELP-Best Camera under $1000

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelhorn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Firstly, I am in the market looking for a new camera. My phone camera doesn't do justice in my life :p

I was wondering if there are any amature photographers on here that can help me.

I am open to suggestions however currently have my mind set. The reason I am open to suggestions still is because I am after quality and price.

Currently I am looking at a Canon Kiss EOS X5 600D twin lense kit (18-55 & 55-250mm).

I have looked at other cameras however there does not seem to be anything on the market that matches this camera for under $1,000 (I may be mistaken!)
The cheapest I have found this camera with twin lenses for is a tiny $729 with free express postage from a company here in Australia!

I would appreciate any information anyone could present :) I have set the max bench mark of $1000 however the cheaper the better and when i first started looking at the 600D a couple of months ago the cheapest I found it for was $850, however after searching again today its now $120 cheaper :p

I will be buying it on my next pay...so have two weeks to decide :)

Thanks in advance :)

oooooooo Decision just got harder...didn't realise however but the 650D has now been released with a triple lense kit (18-55, 55-250mm, 50mm) for $1059

Last edited:
That Canon series are nice and easy to use cameras. If you aren't planning on filming movies on it, I think the 600D might save you a bit of cash for some nice lenses.

i have a cannon EOS 50d and i love it (now), i used to hate it but that was because i didn't know what i was doing with it because i inherited it off my father and cant find any manuals + i know stuff all about cameras

since ive had a mate that knows a fair bit about cameras stop around my place and he pointed out what i was doing wrong , sometimes it would take an awesome photo and others it would just flash all these numbers at me through the eye piece , it was something to do with having it on auto and having the wrong lighting or some crap , now ive got it on manual and its working a lot better ive just got to play with it and work out what works for me and what doesn't

so moral of my story is if you dont know much about cameras than make sure you read the manual (i still dont have one but im looking into it ) and maybe get someone that knows a bit about cameras to give you some pointers otherwise you might end up like me and having a really nice camera that you hate because you dont know what your doing

i have a cannon EOS 50d and i love it (now), i used to hate it but that was because i didn't know what i was doing with it because i inherited it off my father and cant find any manuals + i know stuff all about cameras

since ive had a mate that knows a fair bit about cameras stop around my place and he pointed out what i was doing wrong , sometimes it would take an awesome photo and others it would just flash all these numbers at me through the eye piece , it was something to do with having it on auto and having the wrong lighting or some crap , now ive got it on manual and its working a lot better ive just got to play with it and work out what works for me and what doesn't

so moral of my story is if you dont know much about cameras than make sure you read the manual (i still dont have one but im looking into it ) and maybe get someone that knows a bit about cameras to give you some pointers otherwise you might end up like me and having a really nice camera that you hate because you dont know what your doing
stuff the manual just youtube it ;)

hahaha, Have been reading reviews all afternoon! I am thinking the 650...cause it comes with an extra lens...is 18months newer then the 600D and has some pretty new cool features lol. Any other brands out there that have cameras that compare?

With the 600D you can get the image stabilizer lenses or the non image stabilizer lenses.the former is an extra hundred dollars or around about that but it's way worth it if you find your hand shakes when shooting pictures or that your images are slightly blurry because it counteracts the shaking.
Cheers! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nikon D90 from E-Global Hong Kong, half the Aussie price and delivered in 2 days. You see the results in my threads. I'm very happy with it. Currently using a Tamron 28-300 (from the same place) so I am not missing pics while stuffing around changing lenses all the time. Works for me.

Nikon D90 from E-Global Hong Kong, half the Aussie price and delivered in 2 days. You see the results in my threads. I'm very happy with it. Currently using a Tamron 28-300 (from the same place) so I am not missing pics while stuffing around changing lenses all the time. Works for me.

So you are happy with the Nikon D90 SteveNT? If you don't mind me asking...what price did you get it for...you can PM me if you want. I have found it for $864 for a 18-105mm lens....If there is a way better price then that I may be interested but for the extra 200 i could get a brand new Canon with 3 lenses and more features.

Thanks in advance for a reply....either way what ever I choose I will be sure to post pictures up :) Awesome wanted to take some shots but a camera phone doesn't do justice!

With the 600D you can get the image stabilizer lenses or the non image stabilizer lenses.the former is an extra hundred dollars or around about that but it's way worth it if you find your hand shakes when shooting pictures or that your images are slightly blurry because it counteracts the shaking.
Cheers! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hahaha and I have shaky hands....especially if I don't eat :p

DigitalRev TV - YouTube

digital rev basically has a review on every camera hope you find something that works for you :)

Thanks mate, that was helpful. It beat the Nikon D7000 ;)

Thanks

Canon makes great cameras, having used 350D, 550D and going to go buy myself a 5D in the coming weeks, I can't wait!
Just FYI, the f1.8 50mm lens is only around $100, so don't go overboard for the triple lens kit.

Yeah I realise thats a cheap lens :p Whats drawing me in is that its a brand new camera on the market with two decent lenses (18-55, 55-250mm) and a close up lens..plus its tough screen ahhaha

I thought i may add one in too :) i have been looking around at cameras for awhile and decided on a fujifilm camera, the Hs30. It was recommended to me when i said i wanted an entry level slr to take close up shots of my snakes. The guys there pointed out with most slrs i would need to interchange lenses for macro and close ups, but not with the fujifilm. So saves me $$ for a simple yet awesome camera. Its only $599 and has heaps of cool features

I got the Sony NEX 5N awesome camera, small enough to fit in your pocket, interchangeable lenses, takes blu ray quality video as well. Great photos even in full auto mode...get it on ebay from the US though, save a fortune..

My friend is a pro photographer and she recommended the canon 600d. I got a good deal at jb hi fi for the twin lens kit. you should be able to get the camera a tripod, case spare battery, and cleaning kit for $1000/
She also said the d90 nikon is good but they are discontinued now.

if your happy to go second hand, eBay is always good..

I picked up a Canon 40D (under 1500 exposures) and a 100mm Macro for $650!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back