Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey not being rude or anything but if thats a blue tounge in pic 8 i dont think thats a suitable tank scene for it as they dont climb looks perfect for frogs though :)

If you read through the thread you will find it is a pink tongue.

Very nice ShredaPezzy, I too like/use natural enclosures but I took the easy option & have outdoor pits. Heres 1 of my outdoor pits used for Tiger snakes. Apart from the usual maintenance (turds,sheds & water) I "hack & slash" 3-4 times a year.
First up catch the snakes & tub them.
January21st20123.jpg

Before the "Hack & Slash"
January21st20125.jpg

After
January21st201218.jpg

During winter when the pits are being rested the ground is dug up & raked over.

Last edited:
Just started one today I won't give to much away but if I can work out how to post pics I'll put some up in about 2weeks once it's complet.

bump :)
this is a great thread

I can only agree! I must have missed it when it started! Fantastic work SP... and thepythonguy... and getarealdog! The only thing I'd suggest for a Boyd's enclosure thepythonguy, is to put some dead-vertical stems (thin palm trunks or straight branches 50-75mm in diameter) from floor to ceiling - if you see Boyd's in their natural habitat, they rest on vertical thin treetrunks, and rarely use horizontal ones. My Boyd's here use only the vertical trunks in their enclosure.

Jamie

I love this style of enclosure and would love to set up similar.
Any tips on getting one going? What problems have you had? Work works well? Etc

Awesome pics too guys, great work!

+2 on that and forced morphed axolotle's dont usually live long tho

Naturally occurring metamorphosed axolotls can actually live 10-15 as a regular axie would, it is only the axolotls that are forced after sexual maturity that suffer and die within months usually. Even axolotls that are forced into the change before they hit sexual maturity can live quite a long time :)
Your right though, they do look awesome afterwards!

Red eye tank. First incarnation, followed by current and inhabitant.
IMG_0901.jpgtank1.jpgtank2.jpg

No rainforest looking vivs for me, but I'm in the process of trying to make a rock wall for my woma as natural looking as I can. Thoughts?
u4u8yny3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back