NSW licencing question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danni_1488

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Okay, so i have your basic reptile licence, is there a limit on how many different species i am allowed? I cant find anything anywhere saying this is the case but people are telling me otherwise :-/

You can keep as many species as you want as long as it on the class 1 licence list.

YAY!!! Thats what i was hoping to hear!! Thank you!

Another question, i know you have to keep them for minimum 6 months, my mum got a spotted python that her, dad and the kids are all a bit uncomfortable with (previous owner found the novelty wore off and she stopped handling her! and she got snappy) is she able to give that to me? Or will she legally have to wait the 6 months?

Another question, i know you have to keep them for minimum 6 months, my mum got a spotted python that her, dad and the kids are all a bit uncomfortable with (previous owner found the novelty wore off and she stopped handling her! and she got snappy) is she able to give that to me? Or will she legally have to wait the 6 months?

Technically you have to wait the six months but if you take it and just wait for the time to expire before putting the transfer on the books, nobody will know any different. Although it's against the rules, it's probably better for the animal to be in the care of someone who is comfortable with looking after it

Phone NPWS licensing and explain the situation, I'm sure it won't be a problem.
That condition on your license is there to stop people purchasing large numbers of animals and on selling them to make a profit, otherwise known as commercially trading in native reptiles which is illegal in NSW.

I will definitely do that. If she stayed at my mums she wouldnt have been handled enough because everyone (especially the kids) were just too jumpy with her, and being jumpy wouldnt have been a great combination with a snake lol.. They have decided they will keep their coastal and stick to lizards now though haha :) Thank you all heaps, you guys have been an awesome help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back