Cat brings in Juvenile Brown?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simonandtoni

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey Kids,

Confirming for the completely terrified Mother in Law that this cranky little fella is indeed a juv brown her cat brought in...

:DDSC_0247 (Medium).jpg

yep, i thought so - he's a feisty one too... seems to be ok and not much damage from the cat, so i'll let him go in the bush

quick unrelated question. cash anyone tell me where and how I go about adverting items in the marketplace, I understand I have to pay a fee but can not see where the heck to begin on th elite.

Any help much appreciated

Any puncture holes in the snake? Cats teeth can often be fatal both via mechanical damage and toxoplasmosis.
Fuscus is right. Punctures from cat's teeth are usually fatal. To save this snake from a slow, painful death, it needs antibiotics. Ring your local wildlife rescue group asap.

righto, I'll check it out again before I let it go and make sure it doesn't have any pucntures - he's a big cat and this is a little snake and looks pretty ok - if he wanted to punch a hole in it with his teeth, I'd reckon it would be a big hole...

IMO ... it is the superfine long penetrating claws that do the damage and it's nearly impossible to see with the naked eye.

Only when the animal dies do these marks become obvious in the form of bruising or discolouration at the puncture site

Release it ASAP. It has a better chance in the wild than In the hands of most carers. It will most likely become sick if brought into captvity due to stress causing it to become immuno compromised.

Cheers
scott

Release it ASAP. It has a better chance in the wild than In the hands of most carers. It will most likely become sick if brought into captvity due to stress causing it to become immuno compromised.

Cheers
scott

I really would have like to take you to task over this comment. What a shame that I still cant.

let it go its young and the chances of it surviving is little regardless of the injury.

I released it that night.
I was heading interstate for a few days, didn't want the wife to have to worry about it and on balance, decided it would better off chancing it's own way back where it came from rather than being stressed off it's head in a small tub in captivity.

...when released, it looked to be in pretty good shape and I didn't have time to give it a seriously close inspection and find a vet/wildlife carer etc...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back