heat for a click clack.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mareebapython

Reaction score
my brother wants to set up a click clack and is going to get a heat mat for it but isnt sure where to put it. do you put it inside it or at the underneath it?

DONT USE A HEAT MAT!

It will cook your snake, NO joke ive had it happen so many Freakin times its not funny! So im given you a heads up, saying NOT to do it! What you should use is a heat light, set it up so that its 25 degrees, in the click clack... when i say that i mean put the light high off them so that your thermometer is at 25.

Wouldn't a light just melt the plastic lid before it warmed the basking spot......? What about at night?
Just use a heat mat with a thermostat. It will be fine. :D

DONT USE A HEAT MAT!

It will cook your snake, NO joke ive had it happen so many Freakin times its not funny! So im given you a heads up, saying NOT to do it! What you should use is a heat light, set it up so that its 25 degrees, in the click clack... when i say that i mean put the light high off them so that your thermometer is at 25.

DONT DRIVE A CAR , YOU WILL CRASH AND DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH

seriously if you use a heat matt correctly they can be a good source of heat , used incorrectly and what you mentioned can happen , just like driving a car really

well, i have ceramic heat lights 1 on every two box's it works fine.

And ive been doing it for the last 10 years .

Last edited:
do you have any sort of heat gradient dylanthomas?

yes i do.. if i didnt how would i know when its at 25 degrees??

and when i wont them to boost there appetite i simply bring the light down till its at 28.

yes i do.. if i didnt how would i know when its at 25 degrees??

and when i wont them to boost there appetite i simply bring the light down till its at 28.
what do you mean , i dont mean gradient as in what the temps at in the entire enclosure, i mean what is the temp the hot side of the enclosure and what is the temp at the cool side , from your post it would seem you don't quiet understand what i ment by gradient

essentially if your entire click clack is at 25 and you just bump it up for feeding than that is not a gradient

Last edited:
DONT USE A HEAT MAT!

I love the interweb... it's abundant with so much informative & accurate information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back