fake liecence or just cheats?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I would just enter the details of the licence you received. If there is a problem with the licence details technically they should take it up with the guy you bought them off, but then if the name and address aren't correct, how will they find him? lol. They don't supply us with a card, or anything. If you lodge your details on the internet, then technically you have no real proof you have a licence.. So what do they expect?? I under stand the issue. I have never really done much looking into people to make sure there licences are legit. Just got the name, suburb, and AKL. Although, all the people I have bought snakes off were (Going off first impressions) very down to earth, non dodgy people. I suppose you could check there drivers licence, to make sure there name was correct.... But honestly, I don't want people knowing my address, just to protect my collection, so I understand when sellers don't want you to know theres.

do away with license all together, just another example of government money grabbing

yeah sure, I bet they are loving the 25 bucks it costs a year to have a rep licence in nsw. I would actually find it hard to believe that the costs would actually cover much more than the filing of the paperwork. The rest of the costs associated with compliance and record verifying is probably covered in government taxes. The costs to keep the system in play are obviously much greater than what they get from keepers. How is that an example of government money grabbing?

Read a few threads about similar issues recently.

Why doesn't OEH and other equivalent interstate organisations have a quick search online where you can input a license number/full name and suburb and it will say either yes, that license/name is valid or no, invalid license number/expired/not found etc?

Would be so much easier and would PREVENT these types of situations from happening and therefore save time/money for OEH by not needing investigations and phone calls etc.

Because that Would be too simple and too intelligent of these agencies. They love to make things difficult and primitive...its their way of life!

its actually not that difficult of a mistake to make. when I bought my first python (years ago), I was uneducated and jumped in the deep end and didnt research enough. I did have a licence however when I got my first snake, the person I bought it off didnt have the details for the snake on him at the time. He was a well known breeder in my town and had genuinely not had the details on him. So I said thats okay ill get them another time (I knew people that had bought off him before and he didnt seem dodgey). For months I tried to call him to get the details for my snake yet he had an excuse every single time. I ended up asking my best friends dad who works for national parks and wildlife what I should do and he told me that the breeder was actually under investigation for similar complaints and breeding corn snakes.
The problem is sorted for me now, and I'm not going to say I wasn't stupid and couldn't have handled the situation better, but its easy to believe somebody that you think has a good reputation but ends up letting you down! I have obviously been more caution ever since. Moral of the story is.. dont trust anyone. haha.

When purchasing or selling an animal you are suppose to sight each others physical license, if you doubt the authenticity of the license just take note of the make, model and rego number of the vehicle the other person is driving if possible. That way if the other persons details are fraudulent NPWS can quite easily do a rego search and track the person down that way.

Sight the physical licence...? I do all my lodging online, don't have a physical piece of paper that says I have a licence... Should I? o_O

Sight the physical licence...? I do all my lodging online, don't have a physical piece of paper that says I have a licence... Should I? o_O

Yeah you probably should. the lodging is done online, removing the need for the old log book but you should still have an A4 piece of paper that shows your licence details like licence number, address, expiry date etc.

Is Black a derogatory term? :)

Haha! No matey - black's a colour (or is it? I seem to remember from primary school that black & white aren't colours...) I like black anyway :)!

J

Well currently you need to provide a full name and address of the seller/buyer. And I have purchased from people who just mention their name and either suburb or suburb and street (not number) to protect their specific address from possible security threats. I don't see how this would make it any easier than the current method?

Department of Sustainability and Environment in Victoria has this. It's handy I must admit.

But the other issue is that half the time I am trading with someone I don't even see their face. It's an interstate trade and there is no possibility to "verify" someone's identity even if photo identification is provided.

In the case of interstate transactions, you should have, in your hand before you import or export, a hard copy of the proposed transaction issued by the state of origin/destination, which includes all the details you need. That eliminates your liability.

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:
In the case of interstate transactions, you should have, in your hand before you import or export, a hard copy of the proposed transaction issued by the state of origin/destination, which includes all the details you need. That eliminates your liability.Jamie
The name and details of the person I am exporting to, are submitted by me and as far as I can tell, are not verified by OEH. For example my last interstate export was submitted online and it was an immediate approval and I printed the hard copy right then and there. Or are the details verified instantly in this case? Either way if Joe Blowe says his name is Jack Johnson (who has a valid license), then interstate means I cannot tell the difference between the actual person and the details given to me. Does that make sense?

...should still have an A4 piece of paper that shows your licence details like licence number, address, expiry date etc.

That's so old fashion and not environment friendly!
(Not to mention adding to my pile of fire lighters)

DERM in QLD emails you a PDF within a few hours of your application, which one can keep a copy on a phone - much easier.

P.S movements/transactions can also be done electronically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Haha! No matey - black's a colour (or is it? I seem to remember from primary school that black & white aren't colours...) I like black anyway :)!

J

Jamie

Ba Ba Rainbow sheep....is now what its know at school these days. How *******ing pathetic. god it ****** me off how "censored" we are these days. Geezus christ!

Completely off topic but jolted my memory lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back