I think I want a stimpson

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goody

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to the snake world I've always wanted a python of se sort but never been allowed. Till now. I'm thinking about a stimpson. I like the looks of the wheat belts and just found pics of the Pygmy and like them as well can anyone give me some tips on where to get a young stimpson and what price I'd be looking at. Thanks in advance. Goody

Hi Goody. It will help if people know approximately where you are, in order to direct you, but there are also people who will freight an animal to you.
You will pay anywhere from $100 to $300 depending on age, locality etc.
And the correct name is 'stimson', no 'P' :)

Last edited:
I picked up both my Windorah Stimsons for $300! Prices range as shellfisch has mentioned above. I've seen wheatbelts go for as cheap as $150 here on the coast but everywhere is different.
Excellent first python however. Easy to feed, hold and take care of.

Enjoy!

Stimson not stimpson.
Lovely snakes.

thanks. im in the hunter vally nsw not sure if theres any breeders close but have heard there is some in sydney. thanks for the spelling correction

They are awesome. Check these little darlings!!! Sandfire WA!!

Attachments

• Zipper & Manny.jpg
    Zipper & Manny.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 117
thanks. im in the hunter vally nsw not sure if theres any breeders close but have heard there is some in sydney. thanks for the spelling correction

Today i brought a Female wheatbelt Stimi from SR (snake ranch) and you can pick up from reptile park Gosford...You have to email them tho and they take a while to answer but will send you pics and then u just order which one takes yur fancy:shock:

mate as a beginner a stimi will be great. not hard to care for in all aspects and do not require large amounts of room. cheap to feed and generally have a great temperament. ive had ones come out there hides to somewhat greet me when i enter my snake room. locality (pattern type) is up to you. do some reaserch on "click clacks" in the search function and that will answer most questions on hatchie setup and care.
good luck.
soon your question will be not what snake to buy but when to stop buying.

i dont where you are but gold coast pet centre are selling wheatbelt stimmis from about 350 bucks and the windorah stimmis about 300-350 (comes with hatchie enclosure) pretty good buy i reckon, i got my blonde spotted from there for 200 with the hatchie set up :) good luck :)

i dont where you are but gold coast pet centre are selling wheatbelt stimmis from about 350 bucks and the windorah stimmis about 300-350 (comes with hatchie enclosure) pretty good buy i reckon, i got my blonde spotted from there for 200 with the hatchie set up :) good luck :)

Bit far noted from Hunter Valley earlier in thread:rolleyes:

And Pet shops r way over priced

thanks everyone. good to know theres heaps of people that know a bit about them to get tips off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back