I can't believe someone's trying to hack my APS account..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had issues with tapatalk before, and this issue happened again last night (only with APS).

3a06fa88-e20b-f43d.jpg

That's what came up for me too Jay. Although I didn't have to wait 15 minutes, I just logged in via my PC to make sure it was still working. This makes me think it's even more likely that it's a problem with the forum or Tapatalk. If the site has recently been updated, maybe there's some sort of security protocol issue when the two try to communicate.

i dont use tapatalk only pc and ive been locked out on and off for the last 2 days........

Same problem, only occurs when I try to access through tapatalk. Strangely enough the IP that it says I am trying to log in from is owned by 'CloudFlare', some company in the US. I can't find an association between tapatalk and CloudFlare though.. Can anyone else?

damian83's problem has been fixed and he's back on here via his computer. Or was last night so he said :)
hope its all still working for you ok now damian.

have you guys been getting some security thing show up from this cloud flare? that wants you to type in some words to gain access? thats happened to me a few times and its very annoying. just close that browser and open another and it seems to go away without you doing anything.

I normally use tapatalk to access APS but today I have had someone try to access my acc twice causing my to be locked out from the forum when using tapatalk. No happy!
Has anyone had this happen to them?

Happens all the time to me. The guy who gets in is either drunk or something and posts the most stupid comments in threads :D

have you guys been getting some security thing show up from this cloud flare? that wants you to type in some words to gain access? thats happened to me a few times and its very annoying. just close that browser and open another and it seems to go away without you doing anything.

I don't get a security message, but a few times over the last couple of days when browsing there's been a few times a window has popped up through 'Cloudflare' telling me the webpage is inaccessable. I've presumed it was something to do with firefox, although on refreshing the browser or closing/reopening the browser it's disappeared.

i had it happen again last night , it said i had used my five login attempts and had to wait ,it was my first attempt and i hadn't tried to login for ages before hand though , i never use my phone for aps only my pc so id say it may be a problem with the forum not tapatalk or someone is trying to hack accounts but im still not sure if it is that

Happens all the time to me. The guy who gets in is either drunk or something and posts the most stupid comments in threads :D

I saw one of those threads... Tried to show you handling some juvi browns. Did you catch the guy?

So - on reading the three pages of this thread, has anyone actually had their APS account hacked?

(other than moose)

No my account hasn't been accessed. It looks to me like a tapatalk fault not a APS hack. I can access the forum through safari no problems.

i have had this problem over 15 times yesterday, off my laptop. got 2 emails sent to my account saying someone was trying to hack my account. everytime i tried to log in it would say wrong username or password and say i was blocked for 15 min

I'm over the app and prefer to view website on safari on my iPad instead

1. Because they can
2. Because they don't have a life
3. Because they certainly don't have a love interest to keep them occupied, besides their hand, their computer screen, their bedpost and a tube of astroglide
4. Because they think that by somehow ******* off the masses, they may one day gain the attention of the major security and anti-virus companies and subsequently get paid squillions for writing code that would have stopped them from doing what they do... until the next zit-faced, cheezles-scoffing, greasy-skinned wannabe jerkoff gets through their wonder-code, and then the cycle starts again.

People underestimate the power of a cracked account. Your APS account is linked to your e-mail. A large proportion of the internet community uses the same password for most websites they access. Once they access your e-mail, they have the power to reset the passwords of any accounts you have used a second password for. If they gain access to your facebook, they likely have enough biographical information to answer your paypal secret question and reset that password. At that point they have access to your credit card.

Say they manage to exploit the tapatalk log in system and score 500 passwords. Of those, say 10% use the same password on their e-mail. If they manage to access paypal on those 50 people and manage to rack up 1k each on the credit cards before they're caught, that's 50k for about 1 day actual at computer work, the rest is automated by bots

Last edited:
People underestimate the power of a cracked account. Your APS account is linked to your e-mail. A large proportion of the internet community uses the same password for most websites they access. Once they access your e-mail, they have the power to reset the passwords of any accounts you have used a second password for. If they gain access to your facebook, they likely have enough biographical information to answer your paypal secret question and reset that password. At that point they have access to your credit card.

Say they manage to exploit the tapatalk log in system and score 500 passwords. Of those, say 10% use the same password on their e-mail. If they manage to access paypal on those 50 people and manage to rack up 1k each on the credit cards before they're caught, that's 50k for about 1 day actual at computer work, the rest is automated by bots

Or the ps3 network haha

damian83's problem has been fixed and he's back on here via his computer. Or was last night so he said :)
hope its all still working for you ok now damian.

I had that issue when trying to post a pic, it said it was potentially dangerous and wanted to be sure I was human :0
Only problem was the words you had to type in weren't legible and I had to refresh it three times before finding a phrase I could decipher.

Guys I had the same failed multiple logon attempts window come up for the past couple of days from trying to logon to this site via my pc, it couldn't specifically be a tapatalk issue. I had an email sent automatically from aps that someone had tried multiple times to access my account. Don't know if this is true or some other glitch in the system.......

^^^^ I had the same thing happen yesterday afternoon as ozziepythons, i received the email about 2.30pm & havent been able to access my account again until this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back