Pig Hunting Pics only open if your into pigging.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To everyone here killing feral swine: top work, please carry on.

have friends that go pig hunting, anyone who kills introduced sppecies such as pigs, foxs, rabbits and toads deserves to be paid for it. good on you's. there killing our native animals including our reptiles.

kill em all. don't care how you do it.

Woooooooooooooo, eventually when I get everything sorted...I will be going pig hunting out west! Can't wait, have a few more forms to fill and some $$$ to spend and I will be living the life.
Am all for taking down introduced pests! :)

My 2nd trip up to Georgetown,

Enjoy :) I cant seem to find my first ever caught boar photo, it was 110kg and was as big as me :)

Mad camp mate (the pictures didn't copy through but you will know which ones I mean lol)

Last edited:
have friends that go pig hunting, anyone who kills introduced sppecies such as pigs, foxs, rabbits and toads deserves to be paid for it. good on you's. there killing our native animals including our reptiles.

kill em all. don't care how you do it.
i shoot fuwry widdle rabbits on a mates property , fully licensed to do it , ill send you my bank account details hows $10 for every bunny i shoot sound ;) the rounds i use cost around $4 a pop (22 hornet) so its pretty reasonable :):)

i shoot fuwry widdle rabbits on a mates property , fully licensed to do it , ill send you my bank account details hows $10 for every bunny i shoot sound ;) the rounds i use cost around $4 a pop (22 hornet) so its pretty reasonable :):)
I hope u mean $4 a box ye? Not per round?

yopu guys dont know what a 22 hornet is then , around $4 a round not joking , thats for hollow points

a 22 hornet isnt a standard 22 its a much bigger case just with a 22 slug in tip

wait miss calculated there around $2 and yes my local shop does have steep prices

Last edited:
yopu guys dont know what a 22 hornet is then , around $4 a round not joking , thats for hollow points

a 22 hornet isnt a standard 22 its a much bigger case just with a 22 slug in tip
I know exactly want ya tlakin bout and its a rip mate i pay 37 buck for a box of weatherby ultra velocity for my .300 mag

Also y shoot rabbits with hollow points? When a .22 sub does the trick fine

see the edit , miss calculated and my local shop is a rip

see the edit , miss calculated and my local shop is a rip
Ah yep it loaded after i posted. Where u from? Should just buy online mate save some coin? If ya shop is gunna dog ya like that

I'm picking up my new styer .308 tactical elite on Saturday, comes with a Genuine Sako TRG Muzzle Break Professionally Fitted (removable), steyr 10shot conversion, 2 ten shot mags, quick release sling rings and a bushnell elite scope 8 - 20 X 50

Shooting.com.au -> Marketplace -> Steyr 308 Tactical Elite

This beast^^^^

Here piggy piggy!!!
U been shooting for long?

jonez going to learn how to reload soon but only just got my licence at the start of the year so still just having fun with them , they where my dads guns ive got a normal 22 pump act, the 22 hornet bolt act and a 243 bolt act next up im looking at either buying a friends lever act shotgun (not sure what gauge) or a double barrel

Ah good stuff mate reloading is abit pricey to start up but if ya get a few mates to chip in for the reloader and just each buy ur own dies its ok and making ur own bullets will take abit of fine tunning but once u have it sorted ull be shootin bunnies a 900 with tha .243 (the pope)haha.. And shotties are pricey for a decent one but if ya just shootin bunnys just get a okay second hand one. I brought a berreta 686 silver pidgeon and thats perfect for me and covers all styles i shoot (trap,skeet,bunnies foxes)

thomasssss would love to pay you, but you aint killing them off my property. i am lucky i got no introduced species in my back yard and if they get in my dogs would kill them.

think the goverment should organised to pay people to kill them and you'd have to hand in your kill to be payed by weight and then they could turn it into dog food and sell it to make money to pay the hunters, so it wouldn't cost them a thing. i know my dogs love piggy and rabbit. and the foxes could be feed to zoo animals ect no one wants the toads so just disposal.;)

I used to be heavily into "dogging" when I was living down in byrock,nsw. I had 5 dogs (3 were amazing hunters, 1 was an excellent lugger and bailer and the other 2 great luggers) although we mainly hunted feral goats. I had to move back up to qld and give up my dogs after I had my last baby though. Ive still got 100acres down there but I guess by the time I get back down there the feral goat population will be booming again.

jonez , my dad used to reload his own so apparently(according to his mate) i have all the gear already just that i dont know what to look for and my shed is huge so i dont know where to start and the shottie im looking at from a mate they only want $400 for and i know they really look after their guns their immaculate and get sprayed down with that gun spray stuff after every use (dont know what it actually is but its in a can never bothered looking at the label )

Only girls need guns or dogs to catch pigs in darwin we go out with a broom stick and cable ties and catch 200kg pigs with 12" tusks . We also gut them with our bare hands and roll around in the blood you guys are seriously weak as.

Have you guys seen the shows on A&E like Lady Hoggers etc. Its so silly :p Over dramatizing the show ruins it, but when they catch one pig for the whole show at the end is the best bit.

Good work Jungle Jack

I'm sure plenty of do-gooders and never-do-wrongs, will have a whinge about your pics and have a crack at you being a hunter or for killing pigs......I'm all for for it, by whatever means?.......Nasy disease spreading, feral pests, rooting up our native habitat and devouring whatever they like?......(Did you know, city folk?, wild pigs are "Omnivorous", uh-ha!, amazing I know!), and Aussie pythons and snakes aren't of their menu either!

I wonder if wild pigs have a second thought at how cruel they are being when they are eating a half born lamb out of a ewe, while she's laying on the ground having it?........ or of the Tuberculosis and Foot and Mouth Disease they spread into or waterways while they are having their midday bath?

If those who lived in the burbs actually saw the damage done in the bush, by a critter that the movies portrays as a singing piglet with human like intellect and a sense for working sheep, they might change their tune?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back