Pig Hunting Pics only open if your into pigging.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wanted to learn how to hunt. Unfortunately I grew up in the suburbs, my mum hates guns and my step-dad's a massive geek, so I never really got the opportunity.
When we sell up the place I'm living in now I'm going to buy some acreage in the middle of nowhere, so I guess I'll just learn by doing... or get killed in the process:)

I used to be heavily into "dogging" when I was living down in byrock,nsw. I had 5 dogs (3 were amazing hunters, 1 was an excellent lugger and bailer and the other 2 great luggers) although we mainly hunted feral goats. I had to move back up to qld and give up my dogs after I had my last baby though. Ive still got 100acres down there but I guess by the time I get back down there the feral goat population will be booming again.

Well I would be more then happy to go camping on your property and knock out a few for you????

Only girls need guns or dogs to catch pigs in darwin we go out with a broom stick and cable ties and catch 200kg pigs with 12" tusks . We also gut them with our bare hands and roll around in the blood you guys are seriously weak as.

He who says that resides in Melbourne ;)

BUT BUT BUT I am not doubting your Skills Frozenmouse. They sound extremely realistic...please don't gut me!

I do a reasonable amount of hunting when I get the time, usually use a Browning .243 or an authentic 1945 No. 5 Mk 1 .303 'Jungle carbine'. The old girl has still got guts...

Last pic is fairly typical of the country we hunt in the wet season. If you're affraid of getting wet you won't get anything around some of the properties we shoot on.

Carbine boar.jpg
Croydonboar.jpg
Pandaboar.jpg
Charters.jpg

I'm picking up my new styer .308 tactical elite on Saturday, comes with a Genuine Sako TRG Muzzle Break Professionally Fitted (removable), steyr 10shot conversion, 2 ten shot mags, quick release sling rings and a bushnell elite scope 8 - 20 X 50

Shooting.com.au -> Marketplace -> Steyr 308 Tactical Elite

This beast^^^^

Here piggy piggy!!!

Geeze mate, $3200 second hand! Your Keen. I am sure its an insane rifle however!

Well heres a sneak preview on the very super dooper near future for me!
Ruger Scout! 10 Round Magazine (or 5 or 3...whatever tickles your fancy), Short 18inch rifle. Laminated. Forward mounting scope. One of a kind. Look up the reviews, they are amazing, a mate has one also. This .308 takes down pigs like a dream!

I do a reasonable amount of hunting when I get the time, usually use a Browning .243 or an authentic 1945 No. 5 Mk 1 .303 'Jungle carbine'. The old girl has still got guts...

Last pic is fairly typical of the country we hunt in the wet season. If you're affraid of getting wet you won't get anything around some of the properties we shoot on.

View attachment 260340
View attachment 260341
View attachment 260342
View attachment 260343

That looks like awesome fun mate!

It is good fun. You find all manner of ferals in some of the most unlikely places. The tall pigs are some of my favourite. Tasty.

Creek.jpg
Tall pigs.jpg

I am jealous :-/ I haven't been pigg'n in a few months :'( Im hanging out till september cause its only then I get to go up to georgetown again! :DDDDDDDDDD

Hahaha Your keen there in the creek! How far North are you :p So surprise oversized reptiles in there?

Did you take any of the camels down?

I'm in Townsville, but we hunt from the gulf back to the east coast and a couple of hours south of here. I'd never say never, but the area this is in is fairly safe. There is only one thing I can honetly say I'm afraid of, and that's getting taken by a croc I can't see. Have worked with them enough to know I don't have a chance and I won't see coming, so for me to get into a patch of water I've got to be pretty confident there's none in the area. That pic was taken out west of Charters Towers, that's what the dry creeks in the basalt country look like after a bit of rain.

Not from this mob, we do occasionally but in low numbers they are actually fairly good for keeping introduced weeds down so we don't usually target them. They do do damage, but less then the cattle on the same stations...

Well heres a sneak preview on the very super dooper near future for me!
Ruger Scout! 10 Round Magazine (or 5 or 3...whatever tickles your fancy), Short 18inch rifle. Laminated. Forward mounting scope. One of a kind. Look up the reviews, they are amazing, a mate has one also. This .308 takes down pigs like a dream!

I almost wish I went for one of those instead of my Rem sps 700 .308. They look mean, not to mention very maneuverable in a tight spot due to how short they are. I heard because of the short barrel the noise a little more substantial :p

I had the choice between the ruger scout and the jungle carbine when I bought the carbine, I took the No.5 because I've always wanted one. When they're looked after in good nick they are the nicest piece of hardware. The scouts are an excellent choice for close quarters stuff for all the same reasons that made the jc's famous. For everything you hear about No.5's not being accurate, being loud, kicking like a mule all I can say is - that gun outshoots me and will hit what I aim it at. It'll group to a minute-of-cat out to 200m without too many issues provided the loads are right. Noise and recoil? That's the point, isn't it? :D

You'll have a ball with the scout.

Wrightpython, It's not about the sport of catching a pig it's about killing the pigs so they don't continue to damage our ecosystem. Think about how many reptiles a single pig would kill in just one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back