Calico BHP in the UK

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnuk

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello Folks, here are some pics of my colour changing BHP. I have her and her sister and two unrelated males in my group. She hatched out on 30-07-08.
From this

MITV.jpg

To this after slough on 10-06-12
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac124/pythonman_album/Calico%20%20FEMALE%
202/100_0337.jpg
To this after slough on 24-07 -12
100_0386.jpg

100_0406.jpg

100_0394.jpg

100_0407.jpg

100_0422.jpg

and one just to show her size
100_0409.jpg

Regards
John

Beautiful. Your enclosures look pretty spiffy, too !

Hi again folks and a big thank you for your kind comments, i have been quite taken back by this colour change. Hopefully it is a good sign of sexual maturity and look forward to pairing her, and her sister up with my males later in the year (as it is our so called summer at the minute.) As with all my BHP,s she is a softy. Those who know me in the UK know i am not a big fan of the morphs and for this to happen to me is a bit strange. A few more sloughs may see her change some more Regards John

She is a gorgeous biiiig girl! Looking very healthy and in prime condition to breed, all the best with her :D

Again thank you for your comments and likes, apologies if it appears i dont reply soon enough but the time difference between your and my country does not help (Sithson she is 4 year old) I am a little surprised comments have been made on the size of the girl, rather than the remarkable colour change she now exihibits. But i guess you guys and girls must see animals like this all the time, but for me this colour change has blown me away
Many thanks again
Regards John

Ahaha the first thing that struck me was the size...but the colour change is extraordinary, too. What a unique (and awesome) snake! :D

Ahaha the first thing that struck me was the size...but the colour change is extraordinary, too. What a unique (and awesome) snake! :D

Cheers for your comment moussaka, her sister who i also have is only slightly shorter in length, and has exhibited no colour change, my unrealated males are a few feet shorter than the girls.

John you have to be extremely happy with her..... very impressed.
cheers, Joy
Joy, thank you so much for your interest in my post, and an even bigger thank you to you and the team at scales and tails for producing such a great magazine. I always look forward to the copy i receive here in the UK. Keep up all the good work. Kind Regards John

What a lovely snake, i was just talking to a breeder today and he was metioning how some will get darker with age while others will become more white/pale. Would love a BHP like her!

Thanks for the interest Mitch, i quite agree that BHP,s certainly experience colour change with age(as do many species) and can even exhibit a change(females) when gravid. However this change occured within two sloughs very dramatic to witness. I consider myself very lucky to have her in my collection.

Bhps seem to be in constant colour change from what ive experienced with females over the years, some various pics of the female here that went pink and creme and then to apricot, brownish at times and this season has allot of black ,coincides with the breeding season.
All the same female over the last 3 or 4 years ,notice the pic where theres a male present you can see how little black she had that year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back