DIY Fake Rock Structures :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leahellem

Reaction score
Hey guys just want to see what some people have made buy doin the DIY iv attepted yesterday waiting on grout to try then im goin to start coating/painting it with detail ill post pics when im done its bascially a rock temple/hide rock cave thing quiet large and its for a pair of marbled geckos :) show me yours :)

IMO, the majority of the DIY rock wall stuff looks amateur at best, rank ordinary really, most don't look remotely like the real thing. I understand that some people like building stuff or a short of funds but most of it looks awful. Just save your dollars & buy some Universal Rock, it isn't that much more expensive.

IMO, the majority of the DIY rock wall stuff looks amateur at best, rank ordinary really, most don't look remotely like the real thing. I understand that some people like building stuff or a short of funds but most of it looks awful. Just save your dollars & buy some Universal Rock, it isn't that much more expensive.

People like building things to fit their own enclosures. AND, have you ever actually built something yourself? The reward you get and achievement you feel from creating something yourself opposed to simply buying something.. is awesome.

Take your negative remarks elsewhere you grumpy old mofo.. You think something looks awful, keep it to yourself, people put hard work into the stuff they post here.

^^^i agree^^^ i like to build my own enclosurs they better fit my needs than the brand name ones, as mine are custom sizes. I want to build a rock wall but havnt got the time to. One day i will and i can too be proud to say i made that, its a great feeling of acomplishment. And when you have a large coletion of reptiles it works out 'alot' cheeper to make your own, i would have to spend thousands on fake rocks.

Sorry i havnt made any fake rocks yet, good luck with yours.

I'm not sure about most looking bad, I really liked a lot fit the ones people have put up. The ones that don't look great, well it doesn't matter you live and learn. The next one they make will most likely be better. Isn't that what life is about? You Lear and have some fun on the way.

mines not a rock or a hide but im in the middle of making this tree stump for my lil monitors its pretty crap but its my first attempt View attachment 261019

The marms' 'tree house' I made recently (saw one using the steps to get to his food, made my night :D)
IMG_9820.jpg

That is soo mad how long did it take i dont care what people say bout DIY i recon its by far the best thing ever you end up getting something you want, but sometimes it may not come out as good but after a few attempts iv noticed im getting better and better

Thanks, yeah tends to just take a bit of practice... this one must have taken about a week by the time everything had to dry (the house was made earlier from cardboard and bamboo then sealed and painted) But construction time isn't that long once you know what you're doing! :)

Trick I found when doing the steps was to 'pin' each section to the others to hold it while the glue dried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back