Beardie help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardlove

Reaction score
Hi
I have a bearded dragon called bedo, which bite my couple month old bearded dragon in its belly (i hapened to be walking past the enclosure when it was happening) its spine is out of shape and its two back legs dont move it can move and run on its front legs the vet said it just needs rest what should i do??????????????????????????????????????????????????
lizards 051.jpg

:(

Seperate them now, they will more than likely keep going at it, I had one bite the others leg, it was limp for atleast a fortnight then was back to normal, but not sure bout its back, sorry,
That's what I did.
if you think you need more help ask a vet for an xray

If he's not using his back legs, I suspect his spine is broken/injured.

Although you saw him get bitten on the belly area, it's highly likely that you only saw the end of the fight....and that he was injured prior to you witnessing it.

I would get him to the vet ASAP to check whether it's broken, or just temporarily injured (the area may be in shock or it could be muscular related rather than bone) even if he regains use of his legs again, get it checked just to be sure it's all okay. I've seen this on other animals, including a Frilly. You may have to change his enclosure to make it easier to move around and to decrease the stress for him. Definitely keep him separate and make sure any bites don't get infected (you may want to change substrate too)

Best of luck, keep us posted!!!

The vet says it just needs rest? I am assuming then that you have already taken it to the vets.....? Has the vet taken an X-ray? How old is the beardie that bit your smaller dragon? But yea, as everyone else has said. Separate it, keep it warm, (Not to warm) Keep it quiet, preferably in the dark, so it stays calm and quiet. (Make sure you leave it with water) obviously lol. See how you go, keep a close eye on him. And obviously if you haven't already taken him to the vet, take him asap. :D

o_O.....

Last edited:
Going by your previous threads, this is at least the second time one of your beardies has injured another of them. For the love of god, SEPARATE THEM.

Also I'd take it to a different vet to get checked, from what you're saying it sounds like its spine could well be damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back