snake bedding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Natural selection.

If you're stupid enough to cause a fire with your oven, it's your own fault :p

I'm not trolling, that's just my opinion.

Same as caleb96,I use the Oz-Pet pellets is the ultimate anti microbial litter that will stop the strong pee pong in your litter tray by eliminating rather than masking the smell of ammonia.The eucalyptus oil in the wood pellets will stop the bacteria growing that causes the smell of ammonia in other types of litter.
Other key benefits are

• Garden Friendly - Oz-Pet litter is recycled and manufactured from waste plantation timber that would otherwise be destined for land fill or burned.
  • Will soak up 3-4 times its own weight in odour causing liquids
  • Economical &endash; Greater absorbency and less litter used in a tray allows Oz-Pet to last longer than other types of litter
  • Safe - No added chemicals and will not clump.
  • Recyclable - After Oz-Pet Animal Litter is used it can be composted or used as mulch.
  • Suitable for a wide range of pets, including cats, kittens, birds, reptiles, mice, rats and guinea pigs.

kritters crumble alright little bit expensive but looks good and snakes such as adders mulga ,red belly, etc seem to love it. ill give it ago for a while. though you could just buy a mulch machine and make your own ...

. though you could just buy a mulch machine and make your own ...
thats sort of something ive been wondering , not using a mulch machine but when i was using a electric wood plainer one day i noticed that the shavings very much resembled that aspen stuff , the only thing that stopped me doing it was not knowing what type off wood is safe to use in that way , so does anybody know of a cheap type of wood that would be safe to use like this ?

thats sort of something ive been wondering , not using a mulch machine but when i was using a electric wood plainer one day i noticed that the shavings very much resembled that aspen stuff , the only thing that stopped me doing it was not knowing what type off wood is safe to use in that way , so does anybody know of a cheap type of wood that would be safe to use like this ?

any non treated timber would be fine , though im not 100% but just broken limbs off trees should be ok just plane it up n wash it and dry it out. rather then spend heeps of money there are plenty of other ways.

cheers , it would be good to just make up a heap of shavings for the odd time i dont have any coir peat or am waiting for it to dry , i like using the coir peat for my womas as they always burrow though it , its really cool to watch them use their head like an excavator

should i maybe put the wood shavings in the oven to sterilise and dry it :D:lol::lol:;)

cheers , it would be good to just make up a heap of shavings for the odd time i dont have any coir peat or am waiting for it to dry , i like using the coir peat for my womas as they always burrow though it , its really cool to watch them use their head like an excavator

should i maybe put the wood shavings in the oven to sterilise and dry it :D:lol::lol:;)

yeah you could do that or even just wash it and dry it out in the sun .

you could probably also dry it out on the bbq lol if your got a cover flip lid rather then inside , just have it on foil away from the flame lol

Last edited:
yeah you could do that or even just wash it and dry it out in the sun .

you could probably also dry it out on the bbq lol if your got a cover flip lid rather then inside , just have it on foil away from the flame lol
i was joking about that mate , i think oven + anything that isnt food = bad idea

I use breeders choice, but I am searching for something that absorbs the smell a bit more. As for the wood. I seal it with pondtite so that its easy to clean and doesn't absorb anything if they poop on it!

I use reptibark. Holds humidity and controls smell. Not sure about the price though, I only have one snake so it doesn't bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back