making our friends grow

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhamMagsBaird89

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was just wondering how to get my B&G to grow bigger quicker. Would it help if I powerfeed her (currently she is on pinkie nd every monday thy look well digested within 2 days) she was hatched Dec 11. Also should I weigh her to check her weight before every feed. (Although I haven't had her out yet cause she is snappy as hell and likes to get away quick nd don't wanna hurt her) how big should she be growing ATM
cheers

sound like she needs her food a bit bigger like fuzzies or hopper mice

she wont eat mice and currently i gt 5 pinkie rats in freezer pluis i worry she would split off a fuzzy lmao dont want her hurt

she wont eat mice and currently i gt 5 pinkie rats in freezer pluis i worry she would split off a fuzzy lmao dont want her hurt

oh lol sorry didnt realize they were pinkie rats maybe feed 2 instead of 1?

ok cool hw wuld i feed herr 2 make 1 dance then leave the other or wait till its dwn abit then feed her
cheers

You can feed her the second straight after or you could feed her fuzzies she won't split haha.. Definitely stick to rats though, should always get them on rats as soon as possible so ive recently learnt. As for the not handling if she is snappy and you want her tame you need to be handling as much as possible as young as possible or she probably won't tame..... I personally dont believe in "power feeding" that's opening a can of worms on here haha

will prob get her on fuzzies after this batch of pinks are gone. so how big should she be growing Roughly atm

Well its all good for them to get big quick but while some of mine grow fast i have others that eat just as much yet are slow growers. Keep there body temps up around 31 so there matabolism is quicker and they should grow well. To give you an idea i got this devil line jungle today and he was hatched dec 2011. You should upload a pic of yours.
iphone sort 703.jpg

Main thing if you want it to tame and become a good pet, hold your snake as much as possible (not on a full belly or shed though) love your snake, while she is young feed maybe every 5 to 7 days and im sure she'll be fine. There is no general rules to abide by as long as she is healthy and your happy. I Wouldn't worry to much about weighing.

Last edited:
weigh your snake then feed 20% of the body weight.
if its 100grams, and a fuzzy weighs 20-25 grams, you will be fine.
if youre worried about "splitting" your snake open with food, then powerfeeding is not an option for you.

Thanks guys. This one probably wont get handled much we both like it that way I got dogs and cats to hold. My fish might get jelous if I hold the snake as they don't get pats (any more cause there drawing blood nw)

The more food the quicker the growth.
Here's a pic of one of my female jungles @13mths and over 2kg, eats 300gr rats!

Attachments

• Jungles mating.jpg
    Jungles mating.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 84
Simplest way to gauge how they are growing is shed frequency.No need to stuff around weighing animals and food.
Anything under a year old and is shedding an average every 4 weeks is growing fairly fast.If shedding under or over 4 weeks adjust food size/frequency accordingly.

weigh your snake then feed 20% of the body weight.
if its 100grams, and a fuzzy weighs 20-25 grams, you will be fine.
if youre worried about "splitting" your snake open with food, then powerfeeding is not an option for you.
there is no way my 300g jungle could handle a 60g rat. he is on 30g atm and thats a good size. i would recomend 10-15%

prob just feed her every 5 days frm nw till she sheds as only had her a fn this mondayhad 3 feeds nw (inc todays) and doing well looking like there is some size but end of tail extremly thin

Feed slow grow slow , , the only advice to follow on here is what ramsayi said read that properly and understand it and you will grow your snakes at maximum rate with out compromising their health , I have sen results from power feeding and it is not pretty , broken spines and fatty liver are some issues to be mindful of.

I gave my 6 month old Jungle (born 29/1/12 [that I purchased on 8/7/12 - and was on Fuzzy Mice every week or so, has shed once since I've had it]). a Weaner Mouse on 1/8/12 and it took it no worries. Feeding every 6 days. Next time it sheds I'll up it to Adult Mice. Heat is set to 34 so it digests it's food rather quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back